Sign in to follow this  
Chris_CommercialManager

Let The Rumors Begin!!

http://www.trucktrend.com/news/163-1404-we-hear-gm-partnering-with-nissan-for-new-fullsize-vans/

This was brought to my attention internally.

What an interesting event this would be.  Of no doubt this would be HUGE for Nissan.  The capital we would make, the ability to re invest into model variants.  Oh my..........

I got excited about this. Then I noticed that the article was posted on April 1st and thought - April Fool's Day joke? I was searching for more info and then figured out that this article was from 2014.

A search turned up THIS article from 3-8-16 saying that they are installing a 2.8L diesel in the existing GM vans starting in 2017.

Chris - When do you typically see order guides for the next model year come out? 

Edited by jaredg

It was a 4/1 joke. Bates in Canada checked it out. (Where has Bates been?)

Notice how you see many more NV 200s than the Chevy variant.

You guys may be right, I have not done as much homework on the topic as it seems you guys have.  However it has been mentioned internally before.  We will see.

Order guides?  Who knows, I just started getting 2016 NV200's a month ago.  That is one of those things, they'll show up when they do.

The rebadged NV200 provides a glimmer of hope. Without a Chevy or GMC connection, I wonder how long Nissan will continue to produce our vehicle - given the relatively low sales numbers. (Can of worms alert - open it up

radin2son - oh I'm still here slugging away. Nissan isn't really doing much with the vans up this way (production allocation for canada is very very low) so I've been more involved in other fleet products over the past year or so.

I thought you may have moved on to another manufacturer. Glad you are still here...

I haven't looked at the monthly/year to date van sales in a long while, but at a glance they make it look like NVs don't sell well. These numbers don't reflect that it is a #s built and allocation issue.

Ford Transit and RAM Promaster are doing well in my market, multiple reasons why. Just doing the best I can with what I have for product and what I have for incentives.

Nissan Passenger vans are selling well though.

Nissan NV's sales figure is higher than what Honda Ridgeline was selling before the rumor of discontinuing began to fly. Then Honda came back with redesigned Ridgeline. I wonder how well they will sell.

From the reaction of people around me, most people just don't know about Nissan NV van. "What is that thing?" is the most common question I hear. Perhaps they could invest more $$ on commercial. Once the word gets around how solid this van is, perhaps the sales figures will steadily rise. 

In 2011, 6444 Nissan NV vans sold in the US. In the same year, 569 of them sold in Canada. In 2015, almost 17,000 sold in the US while only 760 sold in Canada. I wonder what they are doing different in these two countries.