jaredg

Finally Bought One!

Hello,

We finally bought a NVP this week after looking for a long time. The original plan was to find a lightly used model after they had been out a couple of years, but used NVPs are in short supply and hold there value pretty well. Ultimately we bought a 2016 3500 SL.

We have 5 kids ranging from 7-15 years old, so the extra room will definitely come in handy. Our previous vehicle was a Ford Expedition EL that served us well.  The main issue was no headrests in the middle seat positions. The kids were getting big enough that we couldn't find a way to get everyone in a position with a headrest.

I plan to contribute where I can.

Jared

Cool! Congrats. My wife really liked that color and I liked the black. We drove to Ohio since they had Java in stock, but we missed it by about one day. We 'settled' for black. Pose some pictures of your van when you get a chance.

Welcome. Just what a 15 yr old needs, personal space...

Welcome, I cant think of a better vehicle for a large family!

We're visiting family in KY this weekend and hauled 10 people to the Newport Aquarium. We couldn't have done that before!

That has been one of the awesome things about owning the NVP - carrying a lot family and friends to events. We all ride in the same vehicle and it's just a completely different experience being able to converse and chat on the drive. It is such an overlooked social opportunity and chance to connect!

This picture is at the dealer. It dwarfs our old Expedition EL!

gallery_899_64_115540.jpg

Edited by jaredg

Congrats on the NV!  I like that color a lot.  We looked for one for a couple weeks but none were remotely close to us.  We actually went in to buy the blue color but didnt like it as much in person.  Ended up with plain old silver but it has been nice to keep clean and it's cooler in the SC sun!