Rickf191

Under Hard braking.

While applying the brakes during a hard stop with my 2016 2500 HD low roof w/ tibren upgrade. The front tire's sound like they are being driven into the road hard. I found this out after hooking up my enclosed trailer with race car. I estimate the weight at 7000 + lbs. Drove the combo and did some hard braking trials to adjust my electric brakes. 1st time I had the windows down to listen. Its sounds terrible. I tried adjusting the distribution bars And nothing helped. I parked the trailer, and tried without the trailer. Same results under hard braking. These new tires won't last long like this. I have about 5000 miles on them                                                Also another problem is controlling the Van with light winds. My Drag race car at 160 mph handles better. We had high wind's in Jersey yesterday and I had a hell of a time keeping it on the parkway. Got behind a sprinter the was a high roof and they were not having the same problems. Anyone having similar problems?

Not sure I understand what you mean by the front tires being driven into the road hard..? Like the weight transfer to the front wheels is excessive under hard braking? That the camber is changing when the front drops and makes the inside shoulder of the tire dig in?

I've always been very pleased with the brakes and controlled body motions for such a big, heavy van, so elaborate and maybe we can help ya....

The crosswinds do seem the affect the NV's, but I'd say it's just physics, with the huge

square catching lots of wind. It seems worse than with our old Savana, but that van was shorter, more rounded, had tiny tire sidewalls, etc, so it's hard for me to compare...

Yes to your first 2 questions. Thanks for your help Andy. With the winds I'm comparing it to my 06 E-350 Ford . I never had wandered like this does. Do you think if it's a camber problem this would add to the control problem?

I would think the camber being off would be unlikely, but surely not impossible, and it could affect both braking and handling like you describe. Do you know of anyone else with an NV in your neck of the woods you could drive to compare?

I was thinking of going back to the dealer and test driving another one.

I would suggest it's not camber.  Are you suggesting it's diving hard or the brake distribution is just disproportional? In either even I've never driven or heard of an NV exhibiting such symptoms.

Additionally, I find the nv to very stable in winds on the highway.  Especially light winds.  Even an unloaded 1500 pretty much drives like a tank on the highway in my opinion, very stable.

Get it to the dealership if you feel something is wrong, you bought it new?

I would suggest it's not camber.  Are you suggesting it's diving hard or the brake distribution is just disproportional? In either even I've never driven or heard of an NV exhibiting such symptoms.

Additionally, I find the nv to very stable in winds on the highway.  Especially light winds.  Even an unloaded 1500 pretty much drives like a tank on the highway in my opinion, very stable.

Get it to the dealership if you feel something is wrong, you bought it new?

Yes New. Called the dealer (Team Nissan Vineland NJ) was told that they don't have the equipment to check it. Can you tell me a dealer in the 08225 zip code area to see about this. Thanks