My wife has not been happy with the passenger seat in our NV P.  We have the SV so the passenger seat is not power like the driver seat.  She says it is like sitting in a hole and she could not see over the dash.  Sure enough we did some measurements and since I have the driver seat full up, the passenger seat was 4” lower.  Time for some redesign. . . did a lot of research and there isn’t much off-the-shelf that would work.  So, it was time to make some measurements, make a quick CAD drawing, cut some metal and build a seat riser.  Here are a few snapshots of the triple gusset seat riser and installation.  She really likes the view now!

post-1319-0-29737500-1465519573_thumb.jpgpost-1319-0-68344800-1465519490_thumb.jpgpost-1319-0-14755900-1465519709_thumb.jpgpost-1319-0-15758600-1465519739_thumb.jpgpost-1319-0-83406600-1465519755_thumb.jpgpost-1319-0-25221700-1465519770_thumb.jpg

Nice work! Way over my skill level, for sure! Glad she's happy with it!

Very nice. I'd like to do the same for my driver side seat. Maybe more like 2" though. Did the factory seat unbolt? I looked briefly at it and the mechanism appeared to have a portion of it riveted together.

Very nice. I'd like to do the same for my driver side seat. Maybe more like 2" though. Did the factory seat unbolt? I looked briefly at it and the mechanism appeared to have a portion of it riveted together.

Thanks!  I assume your driver seat is not power, like what we have on the passenger seat in the SV.  The seat is bolted to the slider base with 4 bolts on each side.  You can see in the photo, I extended those bolts, which are welded to the slider using hex couplers and threaded rod.  The extension blocks are bolted to the slider using those hex couplers.  The threaded rod is cut to length to bolt the seat back to the top of the riser extension blocks.  I cross braced the extensions for rigidity.   No reason you couldn't use 2" box aluminum for the risers.  Note: if your seat has the side air bag, you will need to disconnect the the wiring harness under the seat.  BE SURE TO DISCONNECT THE BATTERY BEFORE REMOVING THE SEAT AND THE AIR BAG CONNECTOR.  The wire should be plenty long once you raise the seat. . . just be sure it is routed so it does not bind.

Good luck and let us all know how it goes!  :thumbsup:

Great job!!