Sign in to follow this  
SilverNV

Portable Potty?

Anyone here  use a port potty in their camper van?  Our van sleeps four, has a sink, water, microwave , and almost everything else a full size van has except the bathroom. Most sites we stay at have bathrooms and when we boondock it we just go to the bathroom true camper style but Im looking for something small, clean and easy to use just in case.

The key question for us has always been where to store it, then how to get to it and where to dump it. The composting cartridge one, described in another thread, sounds promising in that it can be used sparingly and still function over long periods.

A similar problem is trash disposal, as in none, where you have to carry it out. There are canvas bags that strap to rear door mounted spare tires but to my knowledge no one has done this to their NV.

We keep a Coleman flush-able potty when traveling. Works great!  It's a two piece deal, the tank on top keeps fresh water and the bottom is the holding tank you dump at the campground dump station. It's lite and cleans easy and is very convenient, Well worth the 60 or so bucks i gave for it. Hope this helps.  

I think a Cleanwaste-Go-Anywhere-Portable-Toilet  would meet your requirements.

I bought one last month, but haven't had a reason to use it yet.  The disposal bags are kind of pricey, but I think it's a reasonable solution for backup/emergency purposes.

Have the Coleman.  Rarely use it but (no pun intended) works fine and easy to dump.

The Dometic looked real sold when I pulled it out of the box, simple to use too. It also fits right where the center console is. I have wing nuts holding down the center console and I got a wing nut tool that Im going to put on a screwdriver with an extension on and when we park for the night I will take out the console and put the potty in its place.

Luggable Loo here.  I use two kitchen sized garbage bags, layer of newspapers, paper towels and this: Sanitation Equipment Liquid Gold Concentrated Deodorizer - 33.8 oz , if needed for poop (haven't had to use that, so far). 

Have made three trips to and from rural New Mexico, 100+ miles between pee-stops. The nice thing about the Luggable Loo is that when you put down the lid, it prevents the pervasive pee smell.  Don't know about poop yet.  

When we get the bed up (soon), we'll have a niche for the porta-potty in the front middle underneath.  As with everything else, I'll post photos when we get there.