Sign in to follow this  
Nissaron

Conversion tips?

Hello all! I'm not SUPER new to the forum, but I haven't posted much. One guy on here really went the extra mile to help me with stereo installation. Anyway...

Im working on making my 2013 NV2500 S (high roof) a camper. The entire thing is now insulated with a combo of styrofoam and spray foam EXCEPT for the rear doors and the "archway" around the rear doors. I was wondering if anyone else out there has insulated these parts of their van and if they have tips. 

Obviously there are things I need to work around (mechanical parts inside the doors) and I'll probably have to remove taillights so I don't fill 'em with sprayfoam, etc. 

I guess what I really want to know is... is it worth it to insulate these parts and if so, do you have tips?

Hi,

I used Rattle Trap Extreme, then a combination of foam board and closed cell foam, then finished off with Refletex.  rear door panels ans slider come off easy for access.  I did not (and would not) foam the archway.  You will muck up any chance of ever getting to the wiring or adding wiring.

I also added the Rattle Trap under the front and slider thresholds.