Sign in to follow this  
radin2son

What's new in camperizers

www.mobiusconcepts.com is a relatively new builder, a climber for climbers, using the extended Sprinter chassis. Form, function and quality rule. Check out their upfit packages configurator link. Great photos of their work even if they only build Sprinters. They are not as flashy as Outside Van, although OV does convert NVs.

We like the open cabinets with bungee nets to keep things in place. We have 2 closets the we could modify...

I believe the Sprinter photos are from the build for Steph Davis (www.stephdavis.com), a climber and base jumper. Somewhere on her site is a description of her van plans. (Just google Steph Davis Sprinter. 5 posts in all.) In short, she wanted a permanent bed platform and "always" made up bed with "garage" underneath for gear, a simple water storage system, multiple small containers hooked up to a sink and perhaps external shower, cooktop and open cabinets. Heat and goal zero solar were add ons I believe. Search her site for this if interested; it was/is a good read.

Can't say I would have the courage to base jump in a bat suit. Then again, I have done some pretty stupid crazy things when young... Just don't like heights and falling.

Edited by radin2son

Sometimes 2 things you enjoy, cycling and van camping, are combined.

www.theradavsit.com (no relation) has 2 articles on Sprinter conversions for cycling. One is luxury and the other not so much.

www.kitsbow.com is a cycling apparel company and has a short video on their "ambassador" van.

www.swallowbicycleworks.com has a blog on their Sprinter conversion.

Both are young couples, no make that really young couples, hitting the road part time. Interesting reading if you are tired of politics and the Olympics.

Edited by radin2son