Sign in to follow this  
Daniel Douglas

Finally got it!! 32' camper excursion Friday hopefully!

Finally picked up my 16 nvp 3500 sl. Hoping to take that camper out those Friday. Then into the shop to get my 2 or 3 dvd screens installed. Anyone else that has had them professionally installed got a price range? Had one shop give me an 1800 estimate which with what I asked seems appropriate but just wanted to make sure. Only driven it a couple hundred miles today bit I already love it! Miss my RAM but needed room for the new baby (#4) and the 70 lbs dog!

Got a Java sl. Not sure how to attach a pic.

Congrats on the van!  

What are you pulling with it?  I'd want to break that van in before pulling anything heavy.  I had over 2000 miles on mine before I towed our old camper.

There are a few on here with flip down DVD's installed so hopefully they read this and chime in.  We have the portable players you strap to the headrest.  They work fine and we only use them for long trips.

Hey guys thanks for all the input.  We decided to go with a cheaper route to start and see if it works out.  We ended up buying 3 headrest mounted tablet holders($13 each), 3 new kindle fire hds ($120 a piece!!!), and 3 pairs of headphones.  So each kid has their own tablet and personal movie holder if needed.  Amazon also gives away HUNDREDS of apps with the tablets if you are a prime member, and not crap ones, the really good educational ones, as well as some high end games.  We moved movies over from our computer, and its really workign slick so far for only a few hundred bucks.  Plus the kids can decide whether to play games or watch a movie, and no fighting on which one to watch!  i've been fairly impressed so far!

Also, we had an issue with ordering running boards and the trailer brake connector for our camper, so won't be installed until this week hopefully, then we are headed off for some Minnesota Fall Camping!! Can't wait for this weekend.