Ryan Stotts

BedRug or VanTred Cargo Mat?

Does anyone have either one or has seen both?  The carpet one is cheaper but I'm wondering about dealing with sand and grass from loading and unloading items.

Tred:  http://r.ebay.com/iczX1n 

Rug:  http://r.ebay.com/4IFTbK 

http://www.bedrug.com/products/cargo-van-mats.html 

I have the Bed Rug. I have converted mine to a camper and it works great.Good on bare feet and cushioned the knees. Grass and sand vacuum out easy and can be taken out and sprayed at car wash. Holds up to spills and oil, gas, etc. This is the third Bed Rug I have had in as many vehicles. Jagged metal, wood, and greasy engine parts might be a problem.  The fit and installation is good quality. Real Trucks has them for a good price, Free shipping, and it gets to you fast. Hope this helps. 

Good prices indeed on that site.  Thanks for the info.

I have the bedrug vantred. I really like it, it fit well. I have dogs, I live on dirt roads and my driveway and parking area is dirt. It's easy to clean

Edited by Bamps

Got it today from Fedex.  Ordered it from that Real Truck site.

What the inside looked like before:

IMG_2007.jpg

Box is 6' tall and about 1' square and feels empty:

IMG_2008.jpg

Inside the box:
IMG_2009.jpg

IMG_2010.jpg

IMG_2011.jpg

Out of the box:

IMG_2012.jpg

Length up front.  I might at some point attempt to try and tuck it under the front floor mat. 

IMG_2013.jpg

Pry up the back edge then the front edge.  Removed real easy.

IMG_2014.jpg

I just put my fingers under the outside edge and lifted.  This actually removed easier than the back piece over the bumper.

IMG_2015.jpg

Interesting bracket.  What was it's intent?

IMG_2017.jpg

Installed:

IMG_2021.jpg

IMG_2022.jpg

IMG_2023.jpg

All loaded up and the reason I bought the van.

IMG_2027.jpg

I'd say the mat feels about the same as a really hard bed at a motel.  I like it.

Nice photos!  Thanks for taking all of those, the mat looks nice in there.

I have the bedrug vantred. I really like it, it fit well. I have dogs, I live on dirt roads and my driveway and parking area is dirt. It's easy to clean

Can I ask if this required any cutting or did it come pre-fit for the NV "internal footprint" perfectly?  I was thinking of getting it for my NV passenger -- but cutting it in half to cover just the 4th row area (where I have no seats) -- possibly even "cookie-cutting" other areas to fit the 2nd and 3rd row seats to suit any future configuration (like a jigsaw puzzle)...  

Have any of y'all replaced or covered your flooring in a passenger van? There seem to be many options for cargo versions, but I need something to protect my carpet from kiddos but also fit around the seats

Thanks in advance