Spacecaptain

Exterior L/R mirrors, assembly

My first "oops" moment, i backed the driver side mirror into a tree branch, crushing the mirror actuator mount (ball cup) clips. I have the single stalk chrome mirror and cannot seem to find a used replacement. I have found the same mirror in black plastic and wonder, is the chrome bit interchangable?

I suppose i only need the actuator and mount, the glass and housing are fine, i suppose i buy a replacement and rebuild the chrome one? It would be too easy if the chrome bit is a stick on piece attached to a normal plastic one. Proper part # ID'ing would do me wonders here.

What is our best resource for identifying oem part numbers? I usually buy the "shop manual" for this sort of thing to ID parts and detail processes, what is our equivalent of the "Service Manual" for this truck?

Thanks

Looks like i've answered myself. Found the correct parts numbers and schematic on factorynissanparts. It seems the chrome bit is just a stick on, so maybe i can rebuild it with a replacement actuator cup.

Still on the hunt for a legitimate "service manual", but the build guide is quite helpful

Wow. I had no idea these were readily available for phree.99
I'm very used to paying for a haynes service manual, but they dont make one for the 2500/3500.

KMG thats really useful, i printed it for the garage, thanks.

Jaredg, thats what im talking about! what a treasure trove, i'm happy to collate them all myself.

Thanks NVmigos!

Technical. Information. Bonanza.

Thank-you very much Jaredg and KMG!

Try 1aauto.com I got my extended mirrors there and they bolted right on and plugged in.

I have a 2012 NV high roof cargo van and love it. Passenger side exterior mirror took a hit, when the dust settled only the lower, smaller, parabolic "blindspot" mirror was damaged; glass and mounting ball on back of mirror housing are toast. Mounts inside that the mirror pops into seem to be intact. Dealer says I can only buy the entire pod/housing unit, $450. 

Anyone know where I can buy just the blindspot mirror, in case the manufacturer won't retail just one to me?

Thanks, Keath Your Handyman 404-274-1689 or KeathBordeaux@aol.com