Sign in to follow this  
radin2son

4 NVs in 1day in NM

Saw white lowtop NVs near Deming on 1-10 and another in Albuquerque on 1-25. There is a dealer in Albuquerque; another in Roswell.

Just south of Socorro on 1-25 saw black NVP 4x4 with rack. (We were heading north under the radar in our '05 tdi, so we were just another car.) Anyone on the forum?

Last was a white hightop at BW+ in Santa Fe with a "full windows" look. TX plate with brush bar on front. Anyone on the forum?

Wonder who will be the one to sight the finished "Charley" on the road?

"Finished" Charley has a nice coating of snow on top!!

final paint job on cabinet doors is missing and hooking up the propane. everythinf else is done.

it'll have to wait tol spring since ski season starts tomorrow with squaw valley opening. maybe a little trip to visit some friends but I am for 100 days on the slopes this season up from 85 last season so can't be gone too much. adventure starts next summer with a trip to Alaska. :-)

Lived in Sac for a few years, nothing like skiing Squaw in the spring with shorts.

Edited by Jerry

2 road trips I always wanted to do since I was a teenager are the TransCanada Hwy (living in northern Quebec at the time) and the Pan Amsrica Hwy (born in Venezuela).

Prior to our trip to Alsska, we bought an "easy to read" road map of Cananda and Alaska. My first thought was we bought the wrong map. There wasn't enough detail in the western provinces. Duh! The empty space was just that.

We also bought "Mile Post" but it is not with it. You will find all you need at the many visitor centers. GPS works fine. Pay attention to the signs near towns that provide radio stations call signs.

On our return, we drove down the coast to

San Diego. We have a map of Mexico but are unsure if/when we'll use it.

As for the TransCanada Hwy, who knows? It will, however, take us to the TransLabrador Hwy...

TransCanada is on my list. I was Temporary Duty at most of the remote radar sites and was planning on taking leave and driving from AK to PA. Well things didn't work out and I ended up in Germany.

Some day....

Geez Louise!  I can't get away with anything! I'm on my third visit to NM in the last month, been on I-10 and I-25, so I may have been one of your sightings.