Caryn Williams

Installing center console NV 1500 instructions?

I recently bought a NV 1500. It did not come with the center console so I ordered it separately. The console did not come with any directions. The only place I was able to find directions was on eBay. And they are very difficult to follow. I was able to get the console in. Both of the armrests removed. However I cannot get the plastic seat back off the passenger seat. I am unsure how to fill the hole where bolts were for the armrest. And I have no idea where to plug in the power for the charger in the console. I have not even attempted to bolt it down yet. Any help would be awesome. I'm pretty good at figuring things out. But this often takes longer. So any help would be great guys

My 2012 NV2500 came with the console and therefore no armrests - so I have no experience with them.

Here is a comment from someone responding to a similar question on Amazon :

"On the down side if your van has arm rests on the seats, it will not fit. You will either have to change the seats, or remove the arm rest and use a grinder to grind off the welded attachment point, this will work but leaves a hole in the side"

So, I'm guessing you know all that by this point.

If you can, post a picture of those "welded attachment points". Maybe someone can help you from there. If the weld points don't protrude, perhaps we can figure out a cover - but we need to see what we're working with.

But, in the meantime, you're on the right track. Keep posting this in different categories until you find someone that knows. Try the specific vehicle category.

BTW - why do you need to remove the plastic tray on the passenger seat - just curious.

Actually the post removed from the back of the seat. On the driver side which left a gaping hole. I believe I can put the plastic cover from the armrest. Into the hole somehow. But the eBay instructions say something about making a plug. And that's where it gets confusing.

I need to remove the black plastic on the passenger seat. To get to where this seat bolts are that protrude for the armrest. Again the instructions say it just pulls off. Not so

The eBay link is not working. Perhaps you can copy and paste the information from that page.

Skip to main content

eBay

Enter your search keyword

Search...

Search

Hi! Sign in My eBayExpand My eBay

How to install the Center Console for the NV 1500

westcovinanissan

westcovinanissan

Like Share

October 3, 2011

1. Remove head rest

2. Remove trim cover by pulling outward. Save trim cover for reuse.

3. Remove 12mm bolt from arm rest

4. Remove arm rest by pulling outward.

5. Unzip both zippers at back of seat cover.

6. Pull seat cover off right (inboard) side of seat back.

7. Locate armrest bracket, remove 8mm bolt and two 10mm nuts from arm rest bracket.

Use care when moving seat foam away from seat frame to access armrest bracket.

8. Cut foam plug using template. Foam should be 2 ½ inches thick, high density and flame resistant.

9. Install foam plug into opening where armrest bracket was located.

10. Put seat cover back on seat and close both zippers.

11. Use a Sharpe marker to trace outline on foam plug through opening in seat cover where armrest was located.

Mark an X where the center of the opening is located.

12. Unzip seat cover and move cover off the right side of the seat back; remove foam plug.

13. Center the shaft of the cover trim on the X marked on the foam plug. Using a Sharpe make an outline around d of the armrest trim cover shaft.

14. Using scissors cut out a hole in the foam plug along the outline. Leave approximately 8mm at the bottom of the hole. This will help secure the armrest trim cover.

15. Reinstall the foam plug into the seat back.

16. Place the armrest trim cover through the opening in seat back cover and secure it with the push nut (¾ pipe escutcheon). USE CARE to only push the nut (escutcheon) onto the shaft of the trim cover far enough so that the trim cover can be moved around in the seat fabric with some light resistance.

Pressing the push nut / escutcheon too far will compress the fabric and may cause the fabric to pucker around the trim cover.

CAUTION: The sharp edge of the push nut/escutcheon must face the seat foam NOT the seat fabric.

17. Place end of armrest trim cover into hole in foam plug.

18. Reinstall seat cover. The trim cover should be flat against the seat fabric and there should not be any puckers in the seat fabric around the trim plug. If there are puckers remove the seat cover and loosen the push nut, allowing the trim cover to move in the seat fabric with a slight amount of resistance.

19. Reinstall headrest.

Pictures are coming soon...

Tags: NCVNVcenterconsolenv1500

westcovinanissan

westcovinanissan

Welcome to the TheNismoShop aka West Covina Nissan! Here at TheNismoshop we will provide un-parallel customer service and wealth of knowledge in JDM & OEM parts which cannot be found in any other dealership worldwide!!

Items for sale

Additional site navigation

About eBay Announcements Community Security Center Resolution Center Seller Information Center Policies Affiliates Help & Contact Site Map

Copyright © 1995-2016 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. User Agreement, Privacy, Cookies and AdChoice

Scroll to top

Ok - reads like you'll be able to reuse the disks from the armrests as your covers. You'll just need some upholstery foam to make the plugs. Sounds like the disk is a friction fit push on solution.

I'm stumped on how to remove the plastic back on the passenger seat - but do finally understand why that is necessary. My guess is that it pulls off but I'm not willing to break mine to find out.

Traffic has been very slow on the forum for several weeks. Eventually you'll have your answer.

Perhaps this will be of some help. I am posting screen captures from the nissanfactoryparts.com website. They are illustrations from their parts diagrams - exploded views. This exploded view shows the backside of the passenger seat plastic cover - part #9. It should give you some idea of how it attaches. Best news is that it is only a $40 part if things go wrong.

post-341-0-73840000-1480382988_thumb.png

post-341-0-27632800-1480383003_thumb.png

post-341-0-43581600-1480383017_thumb.png

Ok I've got the console. The 12volt charger inside is plugged in correctly. It doesn't work I believe its the fuse. My inside fuse box does not have the schematic for the console. So no idea where the fuse might go. Any ideas?

Posting a photo of my fuse panel (2012 2500 S trim pkg). Maybe by comparison you can figure out

Which fuse it is / I'm guessing one of the 10s. Better yet if someone who knows this looks at the photo and tells

You exactly which one it is.

post-341-0-71380600-1480956853_thumb.jpg

Here is a photo of my fuse cover for a 2015 NV SL.  Take note of the Up Arrow for orientation.

r9g01e.jpg

Okay that's what mine looks like. Can you show me on there where the auxiliary fuse might go. Or Center console fuse? It's very sparse. I have looked at mine and tried to guess. I was hoping someone might know exactly.

X

Edited by Jerry

Jerry,

I have no fuse in that position. I'm wondering if it is #18 from pages 150/151?

Just sitting here on the couch not wanting to go out into the cold to confirm

X

Edited by Jerry

X

Edited by Jerry

Good morning,Jerry could you please tell me what slot it goes in? As I'm unable to find the info online?

X

Edited by Jerry

Caryn,

To clean up some unanswered questions on this thread, did you wind up removing the plastic back on the passenger seat? And if so, did it pull directly off? If not, would you share the removal procedure for future reference?

Caryn,

Another question relating to your center console and 12v outlet for it:

Since your NV did not ship with the center console, can we assume that the 12v outlet was not in place for use as well?

If you added the 12v outlet in addition to the console, would you share for future reference the procedure/path you used to route the wiring thru the firewall?

The console came with the 12 volt plug inside it and an existing wiring. Underneath the front passenger seat there is an existing plug for it. However to get to this plug. I had to remove the front seat or at least unbolt it to get clearance remove the rubber matting the plug is all the way up towards the front of the seat. Facing the opposite way. I was able to find pictures of the plug on this site. I then bolted in the center console. After returning the seat to its original position

I gave up trying to remove the plastic backing. For now I just put a seat cover over it and remove the armrest. I am a dog walker I use my van for picking up dogs and transporting them from place to place. I was able to get the console in without removing the complete thing.