Mark Rogers

Rear door wiring harnesses getting pinched

I have a problem with the wiring harnesses that go from the van body to the rear doors.  Whenever I open the doors all the way and close them again, the harnesses get pinched in the doors.  A portion of the harness is left sticking out the back of the van.  This happens the same way on both sides.  To prevent it, I have to close the doors partway, then pull the harnesses down a bit before closing the doors the rest of the way.

Does anyone else have this problem?

I get that problem occasionally. It's annoying for sure. I really haven't had a chance to look at it and fix it.

I have the same problem periodically with my 2017.  I have flexed it and reshaped it by hand which seems to be working but some of the other thoughts I have had if the problem comes back are:

1) taping a portion of it to the opening frame with clear gorilla tape

2) Adding a larger loom around the existing loom to give it some springback.  I notice mine has been squished a few time when it got caught and it now seems to have lost its spring to flex back when the door closes - if that makes sense.

3) Though about adding some industrial velcro to the door opening frame and the wire loom so it can't come out too far then get caught in the door at closing.

Not sure if any of these ideas will work.  I am hoping the problem won't resurface.

I found this only happens to my van when the weather's cold.  I talked to my Nissan dealer, and they said that they can't do anything about it unless it damages the wires.  Then it should be a warranty issue.