Sign in to follow this  
radin2son

Warranty coverage beyond 36k, 60k, 100k and lifetime

60k is behind us, so is most of the 2012 warranty. I looked at the warranty book and was surprised at what coverage remained and what voids warranties. Read the latter very carefully. This is from memory so I may not have all the numbers correct. Feel free to correct them.

The battery has an 84 month, prorated warranty. Firestone tires start at 8/32 tread and i believe have a 6 year, 1/32 left defect warranty but road hazard damage etc is not covered. OEM tires do not come with a mileage expectation or limit.

Corrosion is covered for vehicle life for the original owner only but it isn't clear if struts etc are covered or not. There is mention of replacement parts getting a lifetime warranty if the work is done by Nissan.

Nissan has a lot of wiggle room in warranties, but it has been refreshing to see how willing they are to honor warranties. Some prodding has been necessary...

Given the reliability of NVs, most reported issues could be covered out of pocket if the 5 yr/100k warranty didn't exist. In our case that is what we will do.

High mileage users may benefit from extended coverage, but will they keep their NV beyond 100k. It is hard not to look at new vehicles at that point...