Sign in to follow this  
LargefamilyinSoCal

Just bought a 2017 NVP

Our growing family just purchased a black 2017 3500SL Passanger van last night. We've been waiting for weeks for one to arrive in Southern California, and yesterday we got the call.

Lots of things we would like to add and do to it... but looks like figuring out mats will be priority #1. Beige + Kids + Rain and sports = Not Good

Welcome to the forum!  I think you're the first one on here with a 2017.  Does it have the new motor and 7 speed?  Cant wait to hear MPG figures out of the new combo.  You cant compare to the earlier NV V8 models but it would be nice to hear about the new one.

What was the sticker price if you dont mind telling?

I'm trying to figure out how to post pictures- but doesn't seem to allow me on my phone.

The sticker price was $41,200 plus splash guards, mats, side molding and delivery it was $42,785. We got it for $39,000 plus tax and license and financed with my credit union at 2.25% for 72 mths and since we used their True Car service we got an additional .50% off, bringing it to 1.75% over 72 mths.

We could have gotten the van a little cheaper but would have to drive much further to get, and would have to wait a little longer to receive. We just had baby #5, and needed it ASAP. But considering the price was only a little more than what they are locally selling the 2016's for- I feel

good with the price I negotiated. And we got a great rate on the loan.

Welcome.

The easiest way is to use a pad/laptop. Go to more reply options and find your photos, select/chose file and upload. Stay away from vertical photos as they usually post horizontally. There is a way to correct this. It it easier just to take a horizontal photo. You can add photos to any previous post.

Assuming you got the nav package, what year nav card is in the slot? Not long ago,Nissan offered the 2017 card a full price. Any day now they will take $50 off. If you have a 2016, see if you can get the 2017 for free. Most card updates haven't been worth getting but ours is 6 years old.

Do post your mpg as there are some sitting on the fence about whether to buy a 2016 or 17.

Thanks for the info, and congrats on the new van and #5! Can't wait to hear your experiences with the new drivetrain, if it's in there. Enjoy!

I forgot to mention that you can use your phone as long as you click on the full version at the bottom of the page. Same process as the iPhone or laptop, but too small for my eyes and fingers to easily navigate.

The online Nissan nav store has the 2017 card for $149 plus $3.95 shipping. If you have the 2016 card your dealer most likely has the same in stock if at all.

If the new card features work, it may be a good upgrade. For you, it should be free. If you have any problems, call Nissan Commercial consumer advocates to see if they will give you the card.

Ironically, our 2012 NV is no longer listed on their year menu.

Also, check your tire pressure. There are several instances where new NVs have been delivered with 70+ psi all around. Apparently the factory/techs/detailers don't check this. TPMS will only tell you if the psi is low, not high.

Welcome to the forum.

I had difficulty finding anything for the rear. I just bought some generic floor liners and cut them to fit. I used velcro to fix them to the floor.