Shorsman1

2016 3500 SL Passenger- New owner

Hi! We just bought the NV and moved from a town and country. I've never driven even a truck before and I'm scared to death of having to park in a parking lot! We have the rear view cam but I'm still nevous since I can't see out the back! Any advice for first time drivers?

Few more questions--

At night, it's pitch black inside when we are trying to get everyone out of the car unless we press each individual map light. Is this right?? Or are the lights supposed to come on automatically? Anyone have any other ideas?

The center counsel is a huge bottomless pit!! Has anyone fit an organizer in it? Any pictures of how you organize the front and keep what where??

Which booster seats are narrow enough and easy for kids to buckle? We have graco high backs and it's very hard since they are so wide. Do you have seatbelt extenders to make it easier? Links? Or do you have specific boosters? I really don't want to buckle each kid and even my 7 year old is having issues with it.

Anyone have a link for a vanity mirror that can clip on the visor? The one I bought was too small to clip on and that was a Bell.

I have the front sonar technology and it isn't beeping while I'm sitting in a drive through or in traffic. Is that what other people have found? Yet it beeps randomly when stopping, etc. I got that option because I'm nervous to drive it, but I'm having a hard time figuring it out!

If we leave all the seats in, how do you keep the shopping bags from falling out and rolling everywhere?

I'd love to hear from other moms on how they stay organized in it.

Thanks!!

Has anyone added side mirror sensor lights?

Hi there.

My wife went through similar feelings about parking when we purchased our NV 3500.

The best advice I can give is don't try to get the closest and "best" parking spot. Your driving a large vehicle. Park well away from everyone and walk the extra 1-2 minutes. It will avoid a lot of hassle and problems in the long run.

There are sliders on each dome light that will put them into a setting to automatically turn on when a door is open.

The console is massive... We just put a few large things in the bottom to soak up space, but are still convenient to have. Wet wipes, armour all wipes in a canister etc...

The sonar system random beeps are a very common issue. I have not heard of any solutions.

Our solution for the vanity mirror was to purchase a small mirror designed to be used in a school locker, and just keep it in the glove box.

Regarding room for groceries - We take out the third seat in the front two rows. So our seating configuration only allows for 10 ppl, but the alley to walk to the back row is now very wide and allows for a lot of room for groceries etc...

You'll learn to trust the backup camera pretty quick.

Slide the interior light switch to the center position and they will come on automatically when the doors open. **** Get LED interior lights!!!! They make a world of a difference!!!

We use seatbelt latch extenders with the hard cable link, so they can bend and stay in place sticking up and be easy for the kids to latch.

As for cargo, there are a ton of organizers you can get on Amazon if you want everything to stay tight.

Welcome and congrats.

The only time we park close to the entrance to any building is when we find one at the end or next to a handicap parking. They tend to have extra space. All other times, we park sufficiently away from the entrance so it's not an issue. More exercise and less headache. One advantage is that when we drive down any road without any centerline, other drivers tend to get out of our way. 

We also took out one two-seat unit in the back. Plenty of space for groceries and other stuff. We haven't had any occasion to have to take out any more seats than that.