Hello!

I've been stalking this forum for a while learning from everyone and viewing the photos, so big thanks. There's no other place on the net like this!

It was love at first sight & I bought my Nissan NVP 3500 SL nov 2016 on my own at the dealership and wrangled a good deal after like 6 brutal hours whew! A friend of mine said girls shouldn't walk into dealerships alone, but I said I'm getting my car!

Anyways I was afraid but excited when it finally arrived and I'm loving it more everyday except the gas mileage of course :-( . 

I have a wish list of mods but I'll need to save up. They are Vinyl stripes, door panel insulation (reduce noise), temperature readout for the rear (temp is wired back there), running boards and seat covers. Modest really compared to the amazing 4X4 mods I've been seeing.

Last weekend I took my friends on a ski trip in the beast as I call it and they loved it!

Anyways maybe catch some of you on the road!

P.S. Any tips on how to improve gas mileage? Unfortunately I'm a half city half highway driver.

post-1812-0-01695300-1488646960_thumb.jpg

The mileage can be pretty rough honestly. Just try not to have a lead foot. I am trying out non-ethanol gas to see how it stacks up. I am about halfway through the first tank.

Welcome!

As for gas mileage, always drive downhill.

Nvdad81

Welcome. Not much to do with mpg. It's a huge, heavy, box with old engine technology and transmission. Good news is that the old engine tech and transmission are reliable!

Just drive it and enjoy it. Best you can hope for is around 16 mpg on the highway at moderate speeds.

Welcome. Not much to do with mpg. It's a huge, heavy, box with old engine technology and transmission. Good news is that the old engine tech and transmission are reliable!

Just drive it and enjoy it. Best you can hope for is around 16 mpg on the highway at moderate speeds.

I guess that's what I'll have to do!

That and going easy on the accelerator. The beast is very sensitive unlike my old car. I'll have to work on that.

Welcome!  Tail winds also help a bit...

Welcome.

You will get what you get with each tankful being different based terrain, weather, how you drive it and the "click off" at the pump. You are better off enjoying it for the reason(s) you bought your NVP.

Welcome to the forum. If you are worried about mpg, keep the vehicle stock. Manufacturers usually squeeze out as much efficiency as possible. For instance, adding a roof rack will negatively affect the mpg. Larger tires won't help, etc. Non-ethanol gas will help, but I don't think you will save any money since it is so expensive.