NV35002016

Wheels and tires that fit (no mods) on 2016 NV3500 SL

285/70/17

Moto Metal MO970, 17x8 with 0 mm offset. I really like your wheel and seriously considered it when I was shopping around for the wheels. I was not brave enough to go with such a low offset, haha.

What make and model are those rims I really like them. 

Sorry haven't logged in here a while. In case anyone is wondering they are Fuel Maverick 20x9 +20mm and Nitto Exo Grappler 275/55 20 tires. 

Anyone put 22” wheels on their NV 3500. A full wheel well looks good?

post-2741-0-06944800-1530197205_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Awall612

After reviewing everything on the internet I finally had to take a leap and try my own combination of wheels and tires on my new 2016 NV3500 SL.  I didn't want to have to shim the side door.  Based on some of the measurements I did, I feel I found the perfect combo for a "no-mod" install.  This is factory suspension as well.  Rims are 20x9 with 25mm offset.  This keeps the wider tire clear of the suspension components.  I went with with a 265/60 R20 Nitto TerraGrappler.  The tire sticks out about an inch further than the stock tires.  As you can see in the picture, there's just enough clearance between the sliding door interior panel and the tire sidewall when fully open.  Hopefully this helps someone out.  Good luck!

so these have been on for over a year..........any complaints or issues?   did putting on the more aggressive tires change your fuel mileage much?   does the different wheels/tire combo change your speedometer at all and what do you do about that?

Looking to put same size wheels and same size/brand tires that you listed on my 2015 SL.   different style wheel but same size/offset but wanted to know if you had any issues after running that combo.   Thanks!

Edited by iowarhino

As long as the bolt pattern is the same and the bore size is at least 121 mm, they should work.

Older Dodge heavy duty trucks used to have bore size larger than 121 mm. Current Ram trucks have the bore size slightly smaller than Nissan NV. Typically non-OEM wheels have larger bore size than the OEM ones.

chphilo, Do you have a reference for when the Ram center bore got too small? I was under the impression they still had the same hub size in the past 10-15 years. I haven't tried fitting any yet, but I had been leaning that directly to try.

after reading all the posts, I went with 18x9 Raceline Assault Black Wheels with +18 offset.   I saw that +20 or +25 were better/preferred but I took a risk for wheel design i liked.   I will say the sliding door opens all the way and just barely brushed the tire.   I will add a couple washers to the sliding door bracket and that will fix the rub.   I went with Falken Wildpeak A/T3W tires that were 265/70 R18 and I love the look of them and the softer ride.  My vehicle is 2015 NV 3500 HD SL that just had factory wheels/tires still on it.

(*one followup - i bought tires and had them put on at Discount Tire.    They ran into an issue I saw in other threads about if the wheel has 2 valve stem holes (which mine did) the inside valve stem will get pulled out by brake caliper when wheel goes around.   They figured it out the hard way, then ended up installing flush mount valve stems on the inside and so far so good.  It will not work to invert a normal valve stem as the pressure inside was too much that it bled back out the valve.)

post-2676-0-06271100-1538754108_thumb.jpg

post-2676-0-02247900-1539205496_thumb.jpg

post-2676-0-02952200-1539205561_thumb.jpg

post-2676-0-71127200-1539205581_thumb.jpg

post-2676-0-80945700-1539205600_thumb.jpg

Edited by iowarhino

On 6/14/2017 at 12:08 PM, NV35002016 said:

No rubbing at all with this set up.  You can confirm the tire diameters by using the calculator in the link above, then turn your tires full stop in both directions to confirm gap between wheel well and suspension components.

Looks awesome. What tire pressure do you keep these 265 60 20 at? Thanks

What tire pressure are you keeping on these 265 60 20? Thanks

I used this forum when deciding which wheels and tires to buy, so I will share the setup that I finished with.  I went with a 17x9 wheel with a +12mm offset.  The tires I chose are Nitto Terra Grappler G2s (LT265/70R17).  With this setup there is no fender or suspension rubbing when turning lock to lock.  The sliding door barely touches the back tire; maybe 1/16" interference or less.  It's not really enough to notice when opening and closing.  My advice if you go with a 9" wheel would be look for a +16 or more offset.      

NV3500SL.jpg

Edited by DirtyEC