UptownMike

NV in wind

Hey all... new poster here!

Recently purchased a used 2013 SV with 51k miles and have been pleased thus far!

One thing that caught my attention as I drove north on 75 thru the mountains was the amount of resistance this tank has against the wind. Granite I know these things aren't aerodynamic but it seemed to get pushed so much I felt the need to pull over a couple of times.

I'm a former semi truck driver so I'm used to these scenarios but was w9ndering if anyone else feels this when driving in light to medium wind? Any advice on how to tackle it?

Thank you

I haven't driven in anything over 40-ish gusts, so may not be a good comparison. Yes, the vans have a large surface area but with mine I have not noticed any situations where I felt out of control. Thanks for the post and questions. 

I drove that stretch of 81 through the mountains with high gusts and it was fine. A little hard to hold a lane, but I never felt the need to pull over.

I just went through this with my 2017 nv passenger. I could barely hold on to the thing in high winds. If it was winter weather I would have been in the ditch for sure. Anyways I took it back to the dealer and they found out that the front tires were out of alignment a fair amount. So that was corrected and it has made a world of difference. the van still gets blown around, but it can actually be controlled now.

The way the steering in controlled on these big vans you need your alignment as perfect as it can be.

Hope that helped.

Nvdad81

Good idea I'll have to give that a try this week.. Glad I'm not the only one :)