Welcome to the Nissan NV Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Nissan NV Forum. You must register to create topics and post replies, however, registration is a free and simple process that requires minimal information for you to signup.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members. . .and more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Recalls, what recalls?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 radin2son

radin2son

• Nissan NV Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Region:U.S., Mountain
  • LocationTucson AZ
  • Model Year:None
  • My NV:NV2500 HD Cargo Standard Roof
  • Current Vehicle:2012 NV 2500 poptop Sportsmobile (SMB) and 2005 VW Passat tdi wagon

Posted 21 May 2017 - 05:02 PM

I glanced at this section on the mobile version and noticed a post from January 2017. Whoa, what was that? Recall, nope. Just me seeing if Nissan Commercial customer advocates were doing a better job. Hope people are calling them about nagging quality issues, particularly if your dealer fixed it right the first time.

Recalls have been few, none recently and none serious. I think part of the reason is the lack of significant changes from 2012-16. I would expect the same for 2017 even with the new engine and transmission. Another reason to buy a NV, new or used.

#2 radin2son

radin2son

• Nissan NV Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Region:U.S., Mountain
  • LocationTucson AZ
  • Model Year:None
  • My NV:NV2500 HD Cargo Standard Roof
  • Current Vehicle:2012 NV 2500 poptop Sportsmobile (SMB) and 2005 VW Passat tdi wagon

Posted 10 June 2017 - 05:33 PM

It isn't a recall or TSB... extended warranty notification regarding the vapor vent tube. Hard to fill gas tank is a symptom of a clogged tube. No one on the forum has complained about this, so it is good Nissan is being proactive. Unless, it is a long standing Nissan wide problem...

Periodically, I have noticed the pump nozzle "set latch" will constantly trip, even if I manually hold it, but attributed it to the nozzle, heat or dropping down from altitude to flatlands and refueling. I always wondered if something in the closed system compresses until the gas cap was removed.

Bamps, did you get one for your Frontier?

Edited by radin2son, 10 June 2017 - 05:33 PM.

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·