Sign in to follow this  
TanStewie

Hello from California

Hi everyone I have a 2012 nv2500 high roof mode I've done a camper conversion on.

Welcome. Post some photos of HH. "Red" NV?

It's black I'll try to post some photos if I can figure it out

Should be some photos here.  Keep in mind this was done with a limited budget and is by no means a professional conversion, but it works for me.  I wanted to be able to haul my motorcycle around still and maintain cargo hauling capability so the bed is removable and fits on the floor. 

I've added a propane stove, 10gal fresh water tank+ 12v pump, 1500w inverter, fantastic vent, some 12v lighting, welded a simple roof rack up for the solar shower.  

Should be some photos here.  Keep in mind this was done with a limited budget and is by no means a professional conversion, but it works for me.  I wanted to be able to haul my motorcycle around still and maintain cargo hauling capability so the bed is removable and fits on the floor. 

I've added a propane stove, 10gal fresh water tank+ 12v pump, 1500w inverter, fantastic vent, some 12v lighting, welded a simple roof rack up for the solar shower.  

post-2095-0-41041100-1496358701_thumb.jpg

post-2095-0-16788600-1496358710_thumb.jpg

post-2095-0-53275500-1496358721_thumb.jpg

post-2095-0-38995900-1496358730_thumb.jpg

Well done. Interesting way to set up a solar shower. How many gallons does it hold?

Nice job!  Welcome to the site and thanks for the photos.

Well done. Interesting way to set up a solar shower. How many gallons does it hold?

Thanks!  It holds about 6.5 gallons, I have a little 12v air compressor that plugs into it to pressurize it.  I might do a tankless hot water heater and larger fresh water tank at some point to replace this but it works for now.  

Hey Stewie,

For an amateur, you've done a really nice job. Much better than our amateur conversion. I like the hot water thing too, that's a really cool idea. I wish we had room for something like that. Hopefully, if you come our West, we may see you around, as we're on the road very soon (I keep telling myself that). We'll be mostly camping off the beaten path.

Great job,

Ted

Hey Stewie,

For an amateur, you've done a really nice job. Much better than our amateur conversion. I like the hot water thing too, that's a really cool idea. I wish we had room for something like that. Hopefully, if you come our West, we may see you around, as we're on the road very soon (I keep telling myself that). We'll be mostly camping off the beaten path.

Great job,

Ted

Thanks Ted really appreciate the feedback.

Nice job on the van.  I was thinking about doing a solar shower type install on my rack.  I like how you did it.  Since I just finished my van here is a video link.  Feel free to pass it around or comment.  I am trying to get more view :)   Happy camping!    https://youtu.be/_2v43Io4PaY

Thanks man! I've liked and subscribed to your channel.

The solar shower would work great on the standard roof hight of your van. I use it all the time for hosing off the dirt bike, washing boots off, etc. I can get 3-4 good showers out of it.