Sign in to follow this  
Orvinfive

2017 NVP SL V8 OTD price

I recently visited a dealer who didn't have the color/build NVP I wanted in stock -- but he offered to source the vehicle from elsewhere in my state (Florida), quoting 41,500 USD as the (pre-sales tax) OTD price on a 2017 NVP HD SL V8 (about 44,000 after tax).   This seemed a bit high to me, and I was wondering if this is in line with what anyone else has paid for the top-end 2017 version.  Any and all advice is much appreciated.

Not that you would pay to ship this. Jim Click in Tucson has one (java) listed at $42,785 MSRP with a $500 cash incentive.

Thanks -- yes I would prefer to buy one in my home state.  I wonder what the 42,785 MSRP Tucson price translates to as an OTD price after negotiations but then adding the dealer extras, tax, tag, etc.  I still suspect it would be less than the 44k final OTD I'm seeing here...

Please shop around! We bought our SL trim 2016 (in 2016) with ever bell and whistle, and we paid $35,000 out the door. We are a growing family of 5 on one income so I had to make sure we got the absolute best deal

I wrote a blog post on how we did it if you want to check it out

http://veganrunnermommy.blogspot.com/2016/10/me-vs-dealership-how-to-get-best-price.html

It depends on how FL registers new vehicles bought out of state. Our NV was from CA and it was a toss up whether or not to pay to have it shipped to Tucson and pay AZ tax or pay CA tax, drive it back, register it and not pay AZ tax. We chose the latter.

I would use the Nissan Commercial web site and search inventories for all dealers close to you. Since it appears Nissan has stopped NV, at least cargo vans, production for the year (Why?), inventories will be tight. Call them for their best price and you may find $44k is a good price.

Chris_commercialmanager has been quiet of late but you may want to PM him to see if he can help you. He is in Charlotte, NC.

Thanks!  Yes, I did read your blog a couple weeks ago -- it's one of the reasons I was skeptical about the price I was quoted.  Can I ask what your sales tax rate was?  On the other hand, it is a 2017 (there seems to be much bigger markdowns around on the 2016s now) and I prefer the 375 hp engine over the 317 hp -- plus they will source it from elsewhere (I believe over 100 miles away).  But yes, I think they need to come down a few Ks...

Thanks -- yes, I checked the inventories in the 100-200 mile radius and there was actually very little in the build/color I wanted.  Hence I'm willing to go above the "best deal" price, but was still thinking this was too high.  Will keep looking...

Thanks!  Yes, I did read your blog a couple weeks ago -- it's one of the reasons I was skeptical about the price I was quoted.  Can I ask what your sales tax rate was?  On the other hand, it is a 2017 (there seems to be much bigger markdowns around on the 2016s now) and I prefer the 375 hp engine over the 317 hp -- plus they will source it from elsewhere (I believe over 100 miles away).  But yes, I think they need to come down a few Ks...

We bought it in Tampa FL and it was 7% sales tax. That's another reason we shopped in a large radius too, some areas were 6% or 6.5%. But for us it all came down to the out the door price :)

Happy car hunting!! 

Thanks -- yes, I checked the inventories in the 100-200 mile radius and there was actually very little in the build/color I wanted.  Hence I'm willing to go above the "best deal" price, but was still thinking this was too high.  Will keep looking...

When we were looking I wanted a red one... impossible in this area... blue was my second choice and black my 3rd. When we hunted tho I never told them my color preference, if I did they would know they had us under their thumb. So when it came down to it the dealerships got so desperate they offered to get us any color we wanted as long as it was a 'related' dealership. We got a blue one in the end, SL trim :) 

Don't forget that there was a price increase for all 2017 NVs. Your 2017 OTD will be that much higher or more.

Yeah,  but I was thinking it should be closer to 42k OTD (Florida, 6%) even for a 2017.  Will keep looking...

Yeah, this is a similar situation although I haven't shopped around to quite as many places as you.  It seems 90% of everyone's inventory is white or black, with very few of the other options.  On the other hand, they are really trying to push the white/black ones they have in stock.  Blue is best, IMO. You got a great deal.  I would take a 2016 but I do prefer the 375 hp engine...

Edited by Orvinfive