cabinetcrew

2017 V8 mileage? Anyone?

2017 V8 high roof cargo with 3 person Transit second row seat. Mixed driving/nearly empty (ex. home depot run)

First tank-11.5 mpg

Second tank 10.69 mpg

Edited by cabinetcrew

Hey Cabinetcrew,

Thanks for posting that. When I talk to other people about the NV, I mention now that they have the new transmission and engine, but the mileage is an unknown. Please keep us updated on the numbers, especially since some people have reported different mileage after the break-in period.

Congrats on the new addition,

Ted

4500 miles on our 2017 V8 NVP.  I keep track of mpg every tank.  We had mostly city driving for the first 3000 miles, and we got anywhere between 11.2 and 14.1 mpg.  Just got back from a 1500 mile road trip -- filled up a total of 5 times.  4 of the tanks had mixed highway and some driving off of the highway, got between 16-17 mpg on all of them.  One tank (on the way back) was exclusively highway miles, and we got 19.5 mpg.  I was impressed.  We were going 75-80 mph the whole time.  Which by the way, this van is so smooth and comfortable sitting at 80 mph.....like it's barely working at all.

Success! 15.3 mpg highway mileage with some hills on the 3rd fill up. 2017 V8/7 speed high roof cargo. (Transporting granite countertops)

Edited by cabinetcrew

1000 mile trip from Houston to Colorado.  80 miles an hour the whole way I averaged 15.3 hand calculated.  

13-14 mixed

16-17 mostly highway 75mph

19 all highway 75mph

NV PASSENGER 5.6 just hit 3000

Just started another vehicle on "FUELLY.COM , I'm under EcoNV.........

half time heavy load,half time over load,1000 mile every week,mixed 10.4

Your use is just what Nissan Commercial intended. Even overloaded, mpg is within the reported range.

How does your NV compare overall with other cargo vans you have used or owned?

Average is 12.3 according to the ACar app powered by fuelly. Best was 15.3 miles to the gallon on a long trip worst was 8.3 this weekend Towing this little 6,500 lb. guy. Keystone Bullet 311bhs.

post-2486-0-90547100-1528151049_thumb.jpg

Started a freight expediting business with my NV3500. Prior to this we used the van to do moving jobs in and around Chicago, and we were getting about 11mpg in mostly stop and go traffic. I was hoping to get slightly better than that doing mainly highway driving, but was preparing for the worst case scenario! Must say that I was shocked to see my first tank calculated MPG at 16.6!! Amazing to say the least, especially since I was loaded with about 950lbs of freight. So far I've tracked over 6K miles using the Fuelly app and am averaging about 15mpg overall. Very pleased to see those kind of numbers when I'm usually loaded down with as much as 3600lbs of cargo. So far so good!

post-2131-0-90714300-1528662330_thumb.png

These V8s like moving forward on highways.