tylerreading

How do I fix the squeaky sliding door?

So the sliding door in our van has a really annoying squeak or chirping noise when we hit any undulation in the road.  It sounds like a metal on metal chirp and has done it ever since our van was new.  Honestly the dealership wasn't much help.  I think they sprayed some lubricant on a few spots that helped for a bit but really did nothing.  I find after a carwash it's quiet but then when things dry out the squeaks are back.  I've tried really hard to pinpoint the location of the noise but haven't had any luck yet.  It tends to make the noise when we hit minor bumps in the road.  I'm not talking about off roading, just around town stuff. Anybody else had this problem or knows what or where it's coming from and anything that can be done about it?  Thanks.

There have been some reported issues with the sliding door not locking and other sounds. Have you been able to locate these posts?

I believe there are 2 commercial dealerships in SLC. Close enough to take it to the other dealership? See if you can get the service manager at the above or other, to take a look at it, particularly since this has been an unresolved problem since you bought the van. No results, complain to Commercial customer services.

Since you are looking at new rims and tires, you may find it goes away when you shim the door. Good enough reason to gets those new tires...

My 2013 is a hightop, and the squeak that comes and goes is at the top rear corner. I actually had my wife drive and I pressed out on the top of the door to make change/stop. I did some shimming and oiling and still comes back sometimes. Making sure to "slam" to door also seems to help. It does it the worst when empty, the more stuff I put in it the better it does (?!), so I keep a dirt bike in there for an excuse.

Now that's thinking I can get behind. I think the new Honda Africa twin dual sport will solve your problem, should be heavy enough to keep the sqeaking down.

I brought mine in numerous times for this & they said something in the door kept coming loose but I still heard it & investigated myself & it was the 4th row outside seat! I unattached it & slammed it down & now it's so quiet! IDK if this will help but that was the noise I heard.