Welcome to the Nissan NV Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Nissan NV Forum. You must register to create topics and post replies, however, registration is a free and simple process that requires minimal information for you to signup.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members. . .and more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Black Nissan NV 3500 SL with Paint Defects

paint

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 NV35002016

NV35002016

• Nissan NV Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Region:U.S., South Atlantic
  • LocationSoutheast
  • Model Year:2016
  • My NV:NV Passenger
  • Current Vehicle:NV 3500 SL

Posted 13 July 2017 - 03:38 PM

I noticed Flashman's post regarding paint defects on his NV.  I also have paint defects on my new black NV.  It looks like some kind of small particulate was in the paint when they sprayed the panels.  I have these tiny raised specs under the clear coat in random places all over the vehicle.  Has anyone else noticed this on their NV?  Brought it to a different Nissan dealer (local) and they said it was one of the worst factory paint jobs they had seen.  I always thought it looked a bit flat, but figured it was a commercial vehicle so it was just a standard paint job.  I hadn't noticed the specs of junk until he pointed them out.  I don't know what the solution is here.  If they repaint the vehicle, that typically diminishes the value significantly because the next buyer assumes it was in an accident.  

#2 radin2son

radin2son

• Nissan NV Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,088 posts
  • Region:U.S., Mountain
  • LocationTucson AZ
  • Model Year:None
  • My NV:NV2500 HD Cargo Standard Roof
  • Current Vehicle:2012 NV 2500 poptop Sportsmobile (SMB) and 2005 VW Passat tdi wagon

Posted 13 July 2017 - 05:26 PM

That may be the case but you will have a warranty work order to repaint the vehicle. If nothing else, this will prove to the next owner the value of the warranty... if you have not exceeded the 100,000 miles in the meantime.

I would go with this dealer to get the job done right.

Custom Search

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: paint

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·