NV35002016

Black Nissan NV 3500 SL with Paint Defects

I noticed Flashman's post regarding paint defects on his NV.  I also have paint defects on my new black NV.  It looks like some kind of small particulate was in the paint when they sprayed the panels.  I have these tiny raised specs under the clear coat in random places all over the vehicle.  Has anyone else noticed this on their NV?  Brought it to a different Nissan dealer (local) and they said it was one of the worst factory paint jobs they had seen.  I always thought it looked a bit flat, but figured it was a commercial vehicle so it was just a standard paint job.  I hadn't noticed the specs of junk until he pointed them out.  I don't know what the solution is here.  If they repaint the vehicle, that typically diminishes the value significantly because the next buyer assumes it was in an accident.  

That may be the case but you will have a warranty work order to repaint the vehicle. If nothing else, this will prove to the next owner the value of the warranty... if you have not exceeded the 100,000 miles in the meantime.

I would go with this dealer to get the job done right.

This sounds like 'rail dust'. For a new cars, they are from the transporting process from the factory to the city where you live. This is a common problem. For older cars, metal pieces from brakes can cause rail dust as well.

Here is one video of how to take care of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pqyf1TvJ_qI

Edited by chphilo