Sign in to follow this  
SigScirocco

Hello From Cochrane Alberta

Hello,

I'm awaiting the delivery of a Nissan NV 2500 Standard Roof this September. 

I'm looking to use the NV for Dirt Bike hauling (Husqvarna TE300), camping and general outdoor use. Moab trip planned for spring!

Question,

Does the Titan and NV share the same frame?  Can I mount running boards from a Titan on the NV when it arrives?

I'm looking at rust proofing options and have read the oil/wax spray is the way to go.  Undercoating may in fact trap water against the frame.  Suggestions?

Thanks so much,

Shawn

Welcome from Northern California! The NV will be perfect for hauling your huskie around. I'm not sure about the running boards but I did a quick google search and a few different ones popped up for the NV. I believe the titan frame is different. Congratulations on the new van you will love it I'm sure.

Welcome to the site!  Titan running boards will not just bolt up.  There are a few companies that make boards for ours and others have modified others to fit.  If you want something beefy and non-slip when your muddy from riding check out the Luverne Grip Step.

Cant help on the undercoating...  Make sure to check your rear mud flaps though, they have a poor design with an opening up top.  It will trap water, dirt, muck, salt, etc.  You can drill a drain hole at the bottom or mod in other ways you see fit.

Welcome.

Way back in 2011 or 12, rumor had it that Nissan put R&D into the NV frame for sole purpose of the new Titan. Apparently R&D did not include parts swap.

Prepare for large crowds in Moab. This includes dispersed camping. Consider the San Rafael Swell near Capitol Reef NP and north of I-70 as an alternative or do both.

Welcome to the forum from Western PA. I wish NVs had interchangeable after-market parts with Titans.. Shopping for anything for NVs requires a lot of patience and some creativity.