Been reading many of the comments and seems we all wish our vans had more amenities. I had a new 2017 ford F 150 crew cab with so many gadgets with black smooth face buttons in a black interior that couldn't be easily accessed especially in the dark. I frequently found myself pulling off the road just to find and use many of the features without becoming a hazard on the road.

The F 150 cost $25,000 more than the NV and why the NV lacks the amenities. 

The NV currently is my primary mode of transportation. Having witnessed many accidents in my 80 years, The NV is my choice as a large full frame vehicle that will protect me and passengers should there ever be the first time. I have seen more times than I can count the tragic results of the so called safe unitized non frame vehicles mostly on the road today.

I have ordered SNGL LED headlights and Fog lights from Amazon and will try and post my opinion after installing in a week or so. You can also find many posts under the same name on Amazon.

I also plan to install outside courtesy LEDs inside bottom of mirrors and also for the sliding door. these will be triggered when remote unlocks and turns on the interior lights. 

The interior lights are horrible and will be upgraded to LEDs along with other driver controlled perimeter lights.

The 19" climb to get in the Bus is a challenge for everybody (myself included) so I have been looking @  retractable running boards. This will be a challenge but as a retired industrial Millwright I'm up to it at a slightly slower pace.  :noobie: I will also try and post this upgrade in the future.

Having been spoiled by the quad camera system on the F 150, I have been looking at camera systems for RVs. The front camera was especially useful when pulling into a parking space. The view allowed getting within 1" of front obstacles. Side cameras mounted in place of the lower optic mirrors are a given as I live on a Barrier island with only one main dual lane road with insanely heavy traffic. Rear end accidents are a frequent occurrence :( because people have too many gadgets to distract them while driving.

I saw a continuous monitor system with an optional 12" monitor and recorder. Can be set before driving and mounted in place of the rear view mirror. 

Being old and preferring not to have to climb in the back for cargo items, I may in the future install a rolling track cargo tray often used in pickups. I may be able to fabricate a fastening system to attach and remove if need be to the rear row seat anchor pins. 

When I get to the point that I can no longer drive, the plan is to donate the vehicle to a family charity that will be bussing autistic and special needs people.

It's great to be in this forum and I'm hoping members may have suggestions or experiences to share.

K.I.T. Bro@home

Welcome to the site!  Look forward to seeing the modifications you do to your van.  I dont think I have ever seen a Pearl White NV yet, just the plain white.  Post some photos if you can!

Welcome. By the the time you are too old to drive, you will have figured out a way to make it a “driverless” NV.

Welcome to the forum. I find that most of amenities have to be installed after-market. Multiple cameras would be relatively easy to get/install compared to other items that are vehicle-specific.

I have beautiful photos but not sure why they post upside down. Will have to work on that. 

So far I have been able to add LED fog lights by SNGL that are much brighter than original Halogens. I also tried SNGL Super Bright H11 LED headlights. They do not duplicate or improve the original reflector bulbs and were difficult to adjust the Hi/Lo pattern. The final result was a short distance wide flood pattern with a V shaped line projecting onto the road surface about 25' out. @ $178.00 bucks, they went back to Amazon.

I am now looking for Projector LEDs in a kit. I'm grateful for any input or links you are willing to share.

As time allowed since my last post, I have the mechanical part of Amp Research retractable running boards completed. I am now working on the power and controls that I hope to complete by next week. When I lifted floor mats to run wire harness, I discovered a condensate leak at the front passenger side that is delaying the project. This is the second trip with less than a 1,000 mi to the dealer for in warranty repair.  ;)
The first was just after my introductory post. Transmission was not shifting properly and engine was racing at a higher than normal RPM. The fault occurred after driving for a few miles. Shutting the engine off reset the computer and normal shifting resumed. Seems to be OK now after the dealer reconfigured software. They claimed there was a bulletin on the problem.

As time and progress allows, I will post updates. Looking forward to using the running boards ASAP. They do tuck up behind and even with the pinch weld of the body and are not visible when retracted. They would be a good addition to a 4X4 as they don't interfere with undercarriage clearance. Most important, the 19" first step is now 8" above ground. :)

K.I.T.
Bro@home

Edited by Bro@home

I have tried 4 brands of LED headlights and only one is still in my van.  The Nineo from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/NINEO-Headlight-360°Adjustable-Pattern-Conversion/dp/B06XBLHMM9/

Does the 2017 use a separate hi/lo bulb?  All NV's up until now use H13 bulbs.  You mentioned using H11.  Those should not even fit let alone work correctly.

I did have to play with alignment with the Nineo but they are the only ones that provide a good amount of light, excellent high beams and dont seem to be producing too much glare.  I do a fair amount of night driving and have never been flashed since installing, aligning and aiming them.  

They still arent perfect but H13's have bad patterns to begin with.  I think the pattern is nearly as good as my custom adjusted HID's with an actual usable high beam (my HID had almost no high beam throw).  These are most definitely brighter than stock bulbs or Philips Xtreme Visions.  

Look forward to seeing the Amps on your van.  I just picked up a set of Luverne Grip Step boards and they hang down lower than expected.  

My apologies ASD Dad. You are correct regarding the H13 Hi/Lo Halogen headlights.

This Link is what I tried and sent back.  (See my post yesterday on these) 

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M26NELB/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The H11 to clarify are for Fog lights. I do have a couple of photos but suffice to say that the H11s by SNGL are a definite improvement.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B075ZV8CB2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I am really struggling with this internet posting so you may see duplicates. The positive, the old brain is getting a lot of exercise.

I did not take photos of installation of the boards. Much trial and error, shimming, adjusting, etc. to get them to extend and retract smoothly.

I will do my best to post finished photos and a video if possible. I am sure many owners will be interested in the end result. Especially those with 4X4 conversions.

The latest as of today 11/15, with a tad over 1,000 mi, there have been two manufacturing problems. First was transmission and seems to be resolved. The current issue I thought was a condensate leak from the A/C. The van is now @ the dealer until further notice as they claim the leak may be through the firewall. They have one Tech for all major body repair. 

I suggested they check the windshield before they remove the dash/instrument panel.

So I now have a death trap rental (NV200) provided as part of B-B warranty.

I am hoping and praying this will be the last of my problems as I do like the looks, safety & utility of the van. Like many other owners, I looked @ this van for a couple of years and was apprehensive about making the move to purchase.

Will try to post updates. 

K.I.T

Bro@home

P.S. Check the photos in gallery.