Sign in to follow this  
Executor

Greetings from Alaska

Just bought our 2012 NV3500 v8 with 55k miles on Monday and we love it. We call it the Fortress or the Bus. It rides great, carries all of our kids and still has plenty of room for a stroller, bags and the dog. Even with the low top it can be a bear to handle in the wind though. That's something we'll have to get used to. I just had a compustar remote start put on it yesterday, next is floor mats, running boards and the 3rd brake light camera. Does anybody know of a way to turn up the volume of the backup sensor system?

post-2450-0-61169500-1514050134_thumb.jpgpost-2450-0-02067000-1514050186_thumb.jpgpost-2450-0-74477900-1514050231_thumb.jpg

Welcome to the site! Congrats on the van purchase. That's really low miles for a 2012!

Welcome. Love the hockey stick on the wall.

That’s a new one, make the sensor louder. I have not noticed a volume control for this. If it is in the manual, someone will know.

Welcome to the site! Congrats on the van purchase. That's really low miles for a 2012!

We had to jump on it because of the miles. It was too good to pass up.

Welcome. Love the hockey stick on the wall.

That’s a new one, make the sensor louder. I have not noticed a volume control for this. If it is in the manual, someone will know.

Yeah, louder. My wife says she has a hard time hearing it when the kids are in the back. She managed to hit a small sign yesterday because it wasn't loud enough. In our Suburban it got progressively more annoying the closer you got to an object.

My son loves hockey. We were big Aces fans until the team was dissolved. I'm a big Blue Jackets fan too, though.

The backup camera will certainly help.

The nav package places the camera near the license plate. Is there an advantage to using a higher mount?

The great thing about NVs is the absence of change until this year’s new V8. Dependability is another.

From what I've researched, the viewing angle is wider, about 150°. You also get kind of a top down view. Someone on the forum posted pictures of it.

Since you purchased your 2012 NVP recently, the airbag notice may not find you. Check the post to get to the web site to see if it is part of the settlement. No recall pending on ours; probably yours as well.

I'll have to take a look. Thanks!

Looks like I'm in the clear for now. Thanks for letting me know. Merry Christmas everybody!