TinyStudio

5.6 liter V8 engine searching at 1000 RPM

We have a brand new 2017 V8 SL and the engine searches between 1000 and 1500 RPM is anybody else experiencing this? It is very annoying when you're trying to accelerate and you really got to get on it until 3000 RPM. It hesitates it's like I've got bad gas but I've gone through a couple tank Falls and that's not the issue

Did your vehicle get the software update? My husband's '17 was doing about the same and the update took care of it.

Ted

There is a service bulletin that has been out for a while now on your van.  Get to the dealer and have them flash the ECU with the fix.

Mine is doing the very same thing. I've had it in 3 times to 2 different nissan shops and they couldn't sort it out. Mine also has a pull to the right. Its sometimes as bad as a 1/4 to 1/3 turn off the steering wheel when I come to a stop. I think both of these issues are also contributing to my terrible gas milage. I average 23 l/100 kms or 10.22 mpg. I am entirely bummed about this 4 month old $45,000 headache. Please let me know if you sort your tranny out.

Mine is doing the very same thing. I've had it in 3 times to 2 different nissan shops and they couldn't sort it out. Mine also has a pull to the right. Its sometimes as bad as a 1/4 to 1/3 turn off the steering wheel when I come to a stop. I think both of these issues are also contributing to my terrible gas milage. I average 23 l/100 kms or 10.22 mpg. I am entirely bummed about this 4 month old $45,000 headache. Please let me know if you sort your tranny out.

As stated above, there is a TSB for the engine/transmission issue where the ECU needs to get flashed.  Are you taking it to a Commercial NV Dealer or just any Nissan dealer?  It needs to be at a Commercial dealer.

Took Beastie to the Nissan dealer to flash the ECU for the Service Bulletin and it hasn't corrected the issue.

My issue is hesitating at about 1,100 RPM to 2,000 RPM.  

I'm not having transmission issues, it's like it's not getting enough fuel or spark at that specific RPM.  Happens when the motor is cold and warm.  I'm getting 11.8 MPG right now and stomping on the gas takes care of it.  It shouldn't do that though.

Yes, they were both commercial nv dealers and my van is current with any updates.

Took Beastie to the Nissan dealer to flash the ECU for the Service Bulletin and it hasn't corrected the issue.

My issue is hesitating at about 1,100 RPM to 2,000 RPM.  

I'm not having transmission issues, it's like it's not getting enough fuel or spark at that specific RPM.  Happens when the motor is cold and warm.  I'm getting 11.8 MPG right now and stomping on the gas takes care of it.  It shouldn't do that though.

Good to know, thanks for the update.

Well I've got 1,100 miles on Beastie now and I'm getting better gas mileage 12.4 miles to the gallon but it still hesitates between 1000 and 1500 RPMs like I said before I'll get it checked when I take it in for its oil change

I expected better MPG with the newer motor and 2 more gears in the transmission.  I get the same as you and I have AT tires and a giant roof rack.  Before both of those additions I was getting 14 mpg fairly regularly.  

@TINYSTUDIO

I HAVE THE SAME ISSUE WITH MY VAN.  I HAVE HAD IT TO THE DEALER 3 TIMES FOR THIS ISSUE AND IT IS STILL NOT FIXED.  I AM WONDERING IF YOU EVER WERE ABOE TO FIGURE OUT WHAT THE ISSUE IS AND GET IT REPAIRED? IF SO, PLEASE LET ME KNOW SO I CAN TAKE MY VAN TO GET FIXED. 

THANK YOU

Beastie still searches at 1200 to 1500 RPMs just finished a 2500 mile round-trip spring break to Florida and got a Max of 13.8 miles per gallon taking it into the dealer Friday for an oil change and for them to put on what appears to be a gear shift lever guide, it's white nylon with notches on it and that's a little unnerving. Other than that I couldn't be happier with the NV comparing it to a 2009 Ford Expedition EL Limited that I traded in this is a great upgrade for us

My 2017 did this too - was fixed when they reflashed the computer.  It was really annoying.  By the way, that occurred at the same time I had to have my fan clutch replaced because it would get stuck in the "full on" position.....sounded liked a jet engine when it would be on.

I also had the white nylon gear shift lever guide fall out....went to shift into drive one day and it fell down and hit my leg.  Dealer put it back in for me, hasn't been a problem since.......have no idea how it could fall out in the first place.