TinyStudio

Backup/reverse alarm

No backup alarms are available to plug in to the reverse bulb so I added one from etrailer.com

The BK97DB wires inline with the positive reverse wire of your reverse bulb (the red wire with blue line). After cutting that wire and splicing in a lead from the positive terminal on the alarm then connecting the negative to a clean connection on the NV you are now safer, alerting all you can't see behind you that you are coming.

Helpful given the obstructed view to the back if you want added safety beyond the rearview camera.

I'm pretty sure my neighbors would hate that.  Kudos to you for safety, though!

Just curious, where did you mount the backup alarm?     I want to get one for my van and am
looking at the possible options.

Thanks

I attached it behind the left side of the rear bumper. It sounds like a garbage truck backing up early in the morning.

post-2486-0-14586100-1524622337_thumb.jpg

Edited by TinyStudio

On 4/24/2018 at 10:12 PM, TinyStudio said:

I attached it behind the left side of the rear bumper. It sounds like a garbage truck backing up early in the morning.

post-2486-0-14586100-1524622337_thumb.jpg

Hello sorry to go back up but I was just wondering if it was possible on such an installation to add a switch on the dashboard to turn off the back up alarm?  example when it's evening or in places where noise can be a problem

One of our neighbors has a Transit cargo van (alarm business no less) that beeps early most mornings. His solution is to get the van in motion and out of reverse. Helps that van is parked on a hill. Your choice, wire or hill. 

I just mentioned that in a thread that I made.  EVERY ALARM on amazon had problems reported.

And for noise, When I find the alarm that do not fail< I will simply use a toggle switch so I can back up at 1AM if I need, and not be a disturbance or the one A hole that likes to throttle his car without pipes at 2 AM. 

Isn't there a noise law against people driving without mufflers?