isolmes

KO 2 vs Duratrac?

Looking to get new tires for 2013 NVP3500 SL. I like a heavier looking tire but mainly want something that does great on grass, dirt, snow, and pavement. I am not offroading but with the stock firestones just being on wet grass is too much. Does anyone have any experience with either of these 2 tires on an NV? I hear the KO2's are quieter but the Duratracs are better in the snow. Does anyone have any experience with these tires on this van?

I just put on the KO2s and they made a big difference for snow, dirt and gravel roads.  They have a burly profile as well making my van look more aggressive / offroad. 

Great freeway feel as well, smooth, not much extra noise.

Gas Mileage is down 1MPG sitting at around 14MPG, (seems kind of low).

Seattle City Driving = Pothole construction madness. KO2s make it way better to hit the horrid streets of Seattle. Mountain roads are better!

KO2 on snow

Edited by timsbeast

Thx for the information and the picture. I really do think the van looks so much better with the aggressive tires vs delivery van tires. 

I had Duratracs on a 4x4 NV 2500 and had two punctures from my river gravel driveway in 3 months time.  I have the KO2s on my Jeep TJR for a year now with zero issues.  The KO2s are wearing better with less highway noise. 

I have heard that about the Highway noise is less and the Duratrac have a thinner sidewall. I think they look better from pictures than the KO2's, but it is hard to tell. I have also heard issues with Goodyear rubber cracking. I think I am sold on the KO2's, but still have to decide. I appreciate the info and will keep looking until I need to make the switch. Hopefully not for another month or two. 

I would not recommend duratracs. The KO2’s i hear have no rim protectors anymore, if thats the case I cant use them either

I’ll need new rubber by 2019, and would consider the KO2’s. My brother-in-law just bought a used F-150 with them on it, and they look good. I never go on anything more extreme than a gravel road, but if they look better, wear well, and aren’t loud, I’d consider them. I’m sure the large tread blocks are bad on ice, but switching to winter tires makes that a non-issue.

Ko2 all the way. every truck in Tahoe has them, even in winter.

I've had DuraTrac for about one year now. Outstanding winter traction. Very comfortable ride overall (better than stock). Flawless so far.

post-1459-0-61228100-1523224299_thumb.jpg