theman

2013 NV Passenger - Lights but no turnover, then turn key again and starts

So, interesting one here.

Seems random and not temp related. Has only done it 2 or 3 times during a month.

Key in, turn it, lights come on and everything seems great but NO noise or turn over from engine.

Take the key out, put it back in, and starts turning over BUT takes a few extra seconds to start...

All other times it starts up immediately on key turn.

Thought it was maybe a key transponder issue, but would that explain the extended cranking?

Edited by theman

Just a guess, but I wonder if the ignition switch is faulty.  Do you (or another driver) happen to use a heavy key ring?  Because that can cause the switch to wear out quickly.

Same thing happening with my 2016. Dealer "can't replicate problem" I put the key in turn it, no noise just all the lights. I take it out, put it back in and turn it then I get lights and cranking but won't turn over. I have to take the key out and put it in again to get it started. I can turn the key as many times as I want it won't go to the next step until I take it out and put it back in.

Edited by Proud2bitalian1

Agreed.  I assume you have a smart phone.  Next time it happens take a video of it.  I had to do that when my radio went out (second time!) and they replaced it no questions asked when I showed them the video.  

As a follow up... I made a point to start using the 2nd key. Since making that switch it hasn't happened in over a month now. 

Next question... what the heck kind of differential fluid does this thing take? I can't find that info anywhere.