ItzNota

Any handicap accessible NV's in here?

Just wanted to see if anyone mounted a lift for wheelchair access?

We have just completed the installation of a wheel chair acess ramp into our 2012 NV 2500 HD. The lift is provided by VIM and is a folding side door mounted hydralic lift. The conversion meant that we had to make a minor modification to the plastic step at the door and that was about all required. We did remove the council between the two front seats to make it a step through van and mounted the power plug that is located in the council onto the cup ho;der at the bottom of the dash. Once removed the power plug wiring only needed to be rerouted as the factory provided harness was long enough to allow for repositing on to the cup holder.

My last post should have read that the lift was a "VMI" product --sorry for the typo--We were able to work with Sidewinder's Van Conversions in British Columbia so I am sure that you will have access to lift providers in your area.

Will you be posting some pictures?

Will you be posting some pictures?

I am not sure how to post photos yet so I will ask my son this evening to help me out.

Just wanted to see if anyone mounted a lift for wheelchair access?

We purchased the 3500SL last week and will have a lift installed later this month. I will take and post pictures once completed.

Did you get the raised roof? We are looking at buying Nv 3500HL. I was hoping to not have to get the raised roof NV. My son is in a power wheelchair and we are looking at installing a side entry lift. Would love to see pictures.

wheelchair access - Did you do the console removal yourself or was that part of the lift job work done?  I am pretty sure I want to remove mine, but did want to keep that power plug usable somewhere.  Glad to hear it can be done.  Just wondering if a novice can do it... I would need detailed steps... or who/where I would take it to be done.  Guess I can call Nissan in a.m.  Again, thanks.

Did you get the raised roof? We are looking at buying Nv 3500HL. I was hoping to not have to get the raised roof NV. My son is in a power wheelchair and we are looking at installing a side entry lift. Would love to see pictures.

My wife was able to post the pics, didn't know she did that...sorry.  They are in the gallery:  http://nissannvforum.com/gallery/image/210-wheelchair-space/

exactly what im looking for. I assume your wife is a wc user, since the transfer seat is installed. did the convert sliding door for ind use??? i'm in ohio.  who did the work??

Edited by John Squires

exactly what im looking for. I assume your wife is a wc user, since the transfer seat is installed. did the convert sliding door for ind use??? i'm in ohio. who did the work??

Yes, it is my wife's van. The door conversion was done at the same time the lift was installed. They did have to cut a small portion. ( 2"x3" ) of the plastic molding on the lower right corner of the step. This was needed for the motor that operates the door. It is mounted on the door. Best door conversation I have seen. The conversion was done by Ilderton's conversion in High Point, NC.

without being able to take a closer look, that is a great looking job, whomever did the install

Ilderton's conversion in High Point, NC. I get to Charlotte a few times a year. Don't mind stopping by, Where are you located?

wheelchair access - Did you do the console removal yourself or was that part of the lift job work done? I am pretty sure I want to remove mine, but did want to keep that power plug usable somewhere. Glad to hear it can be done. Just wondering if a novice can do it... I would need detailed steps... or who/where I would take it to be done. Guess I can call Nissan in a.m. Again, thanks.

The console was removed at the time of the conversion. The outlet was remounted on the dash. The console can be removed with simply hand tools, but I did not want to tackle moving the outlet.

do you guys have a transfer passenger seat too for when you drive so your wife can ride as passenger.  thank you for the info

No transfer seat in the passenger side. She transfers into the drivers seat then into the passenger seat.

Ilderton's conversion in High Point, NC. I get to Charlotte a few times a year. Don't mind stopping by, Where are you located?

I'm on South Blvd in South Charlotte.  Scott Clark Nissan.  If you're heading out this way I'd love to see the work that was done.  PM me if you're headed this way!

hi..Last year i have install the wheelchair accessible on my van. There is a ramp on the left side of the Van from where wheelchair can easily enter into the van.