Sign in to follow this  
vanguy

Important Info for Shelving Pkgs

If you plan on adding a shelving pkg. which includes a partition (which by the way is free on all new 2012 & 2013's) you should know that there are 2 different wing kits available.

The standard wing kit is only about 1/2" deep and gives you very little room in the passenger area. I ordered the 4519 standard shelving pkg. & when I saw it included a wing kit I thought " hey that's great".

When you order a wing kit on a Ford or Chevy van there is only one wing kit & it pushes the partition 3 inches further back into the cargo area giving you more legroom in the passenger compartment.

If your 6 foot tall or taller, trust me you want a 3" inch wing kit or you'll be sitting with your knees under your chin.

With Nissan you have to ask for the MAX COMFORT WING KIT and it costs $80.00 extra. 

IMPORTANT: IF YOU DON'T REQUEST THIS AT THE TIME OF THE ORIGINAL INSTALL YOU WILL PAY BETWEEN $200 & $400.00 EXTRA.

I learned this the hard way.

Here is a photo from the Nissan website showing the 3" deep MAX COMFORT WING KIT:

post-430-0-14287600-1374111340_thumb.jpg

Edited by vanguy

I thought that the seat would go all the way back with the divider in the normal position?  I was under the impression that it just wouldn't tilt back as far?

I wish I could see both side by side so I could decide before ordering the divider.  

The seat may go all the way back (can't remember for sure)  if you can sit up stick straight. Don't know too many who would like that position. The Max Comfort Wing Kit only takes up 3" of room in the cargo area.

I have had both & definitely don't miss the 3" of cargo room. The passenger compartment is way more comfortable now that I have the max comfort kit. Even my wife who is only 5' 6" tall couldn't find a comfortable position in the passenger seat with the standard partition. Her knees were fairly close to the dash when she pulled her seat far enough forward to recline the seat back a little bit.

If you're short, or can sit in a 90 degree vertical position & feel comfortable, the standard kit may work for you.

I'm just worried because 3" isn't a lot.  I am 6'2" and a large man.  If your small wife couldn't be comfortable, adding 3" doesn't sound like it will allow me to be comfortable either.  You know what I mean?

You would be surprised how much more room the 3" gives you. I'm alot more comfortable now after I had the Max Kit installed. I'm 6'0".

I guess I recline my seat back more than most folks. But if you're 6'2",  I wouldn't even consider the standard wing kit.

wish i would of know about the wing kit when i got my van and the partition

Yea Nissan doesn't explain it very well.

I shopped a bunch of dealers before I bought mine & none of the dealers knew anything about the shelving packages. I took mine back to another installer to get the max wing kit put in & the Adrian Steel dealer said this is all new to Nissan & their dealers. He said they're not quite up to speed yet.

He also said Adrian Steel now has some shelving for the high roof models that utilizes the extended height. It is new & not on the Adrian Steel website or in their catalogs yet. Nissan ought to jump on that & put info about it on their website.

Thanks for the link. I haven't looked lately, it's nice to see it there now. Hope this helps somebody who's trying to decide on shelving.