fast1gt

Gas Mileage

Present Owners, what gas mileage are you getting?

Present Owners, what gas mileage are you getting?

After the first tank or two I will post back with an updated estimate but just based on quick math and what the range indicator says on the dash which with a full tank said 444 miles devided by 28 gallons in the tank gives your roughly 15.8 mpg.

Gave in and purchased a V8 version. First tank full was all highway at 65 mph and I got 15.5 mpg. This was with an empty van. Hope it get better as it breaks in!

Gave in and purchased a V8 version. First tank full was all highway at 65 mph and I got 15.5 mpg. This was with an empty van. Hope it get better as it breaks in!

They are stating to expect better performance after 3,000 miles. :rockon:

My NV2500 with V8 on Regular Fuel at 6000ft carrying Appliance Parts to the ceiling averages Lowest 15mpg Highest 19mpg If I use mid grade my mileage will increase by 2mpg Not worth the added cost at the pump.

FYI

Got a nail stuck in my tire after 2 weeks of delivery. Stopped by a local Firestone Store to see if could remedy the problem, What a lousy business model. Says could'nt look at till tomorrow and you got nitrogen for air go back to see your Nissan dealer!

WTF! Ok Firestone doen't want my biz. Remembered my last tire purchase at Costco and they also used nitrogen. Drove to the local Costco, explained my problem, manager asked if I was a member, he put it up on the rack, dismount the tire from the wheel

and patched from inside. During the repair a crowd had formed wanting to know what vehicle that was? Truck or a van? Well any way to get to the crux Costco REPAIRED my FIRESTONE nail collector for FREE!! Yeah F'n FREE. KUDOs to COSTCO..

I'm getting 13mpg on average - all highway :rant2:

I'm getting 13mpg on average - all highway :rant2:

Wow ! 13mpg seems a little low. Try watching you speed. If you have the high top, it's not exactly cutting through the air. I think I recall a calculation that for every 5 mph increase in speed, you are doubling the air resistance against the vehicle. Try traveling around 60 or 65 mph at most on the highway and see if that changes your overall mpg.

Update. I am very disappointed in the fuel mileage! I am getting between 11-13 mpg average. Granted I have a high top but still with the engine / fuel injection / computer technology these days it should be closer to 20 mpg. Please, other owners chime in. I'd like to know how you are doing!

Update. I am very disappointed in the fuel mileage! I am getting between 11-13 mpg average. Granted I have a high top but still with the engine / fuel injection / computer technology these days it should be closer to 20 mpg. Please, other owners chime in. I'd like to know how you are doing!

Driving stop and go in NYC 9 - 11mpg, thank god I don't pay for gas!

That mileage sucks.

I hate to say it but think the NV is going to fail. Have not seen them on the road & they just sit at the local dealership not selling in this bad economy.

A lot of tradesman can't afford a new van.

Toyota should bring their diesel vans to the states.

That mileage sucks.

I hate to say it but think the NV is going to fail. Have not seen them on the road & they just sit at the local dealership not selling in this bad economy.

A lot of tradesman can't afford a new van.

Toyota should bring their diesel vans to the states.

I see more and more in NYC, the dealer we purchased from sells about 10 a month, Mine is black and the limo drivers all ask the same question does it come with seats, the Big Chevy's and Cadi Escalade's are popular, but with 4 people there storage is limited (that's what they are saying)

Ford Transit is popular now, with tradesmen, small to park in tight spaces and economical, basically what I wanted but for a couple Thousand more I got the Hearse I mean Van! :happy feet:

I have ordered a Airaid cold air intake and a Bully Dog GT programmer to see if I can improve the mileage a bit. I will post an update after I perform some testing.

Our NV 2500 high top V8 averages 15.1 mpg iwith 75% in town at speeds < 40 mph and many stop lights, and 25% highway at 70 mph.

My dash MPG is 10. That is a 3500 Hightop with a glass and ladder rack. OUCH I'd be interested to hear what results fast1gt had with the upgrades.

I see more and more in NYC, the dealer we purchased from sells about 10 a month, Mine is black and the limo drivers all ask the same question does it come with seats, the Big Chevy's and Cadi Escalade's are popular, but with 4 people there storage is limited (that's what they are saying)

Ford Transit is popular now, with tradesmen, small to park in tight spaces and economical, basically what I wanted but for a couple Thousand more I got the Hearse I mean Van! :happy feet:

I've been living in Florida for 7 months now & I've only seen 3 NV's on the road.

The one I saw the other day was a, "Rooms To Go" company van.

I'm thinking your gonna see some bigger companies buy them to test reliability, next to their other older vans in their fleet.

Companies do track maintenance & repair costs. Like say a sprinter van vs express or econoline.

Their also gonna be looking at fuel mileage.

Toyota or Nissan needs to come out with a hybrid powered work van.

I think it's safe to say that the Nissan NV is not selling. This forum would have a lot more members by now.

I've been hoping to see more on the road, myself.

I have been getting any where from 10 to16 mpg. I currently have 2800 mile on my NV 2500 high top. To you people out there make sure the AC is not on. The light on the AC button should be off. I found a couple of things about the AC. It is computerized so if you know about defrost the ac will turn on to help the thawing affect putting the van under load, sacrificing fuel economy. Even on regular heating I seen it come on do to temp outside dips below 32. 2nd I have seen the AC turn on randomly. I'm not to sure if it is defective, if the computer thinks it needs to be on. So on that note turn the defrost on then shut the AC off. The defrost will still work. Other than that its been great other than a couple other issues that I will write in the correct sub forum. :rockon:

My NV has 400 miles right now and averaging 15.6 mpg with about 600-800 lbs. of stuff.

I have ordered a Airaid cold air intake and a Bully Dog GT programmer to see if I can improve the mileage a bit. I will post an update after I perform some testing.

Did Those items help the MPG? I am thinking about a scangauge.. not sure how it compares to yours.. please post any data you have..

With the price of gas going up and up.. many of us are looking for ways to save..

Mine 13 city and 16 highway with average speed of 55mph.. I just got to 3k, and it will get a full synth oil change to see if that helps

I have the 1500 NV with the V6, Low Roof, Standard Length. Drive 1/2 in town and 1/2 on the freeway. Never go past 70, usually 68, almost all flat land. I have the shelf package and ladder rack on the roof and about 1000# on tools & gear. Had it since last year. Have not had to use the AC yet except for a few days to defrost the windows. Bought it because it was supposed to get good gas milage. The milage guage says I get between 11.2 and 11.8 day in and day out. Very poor milage - not at all what I expected. Otherwise a great van but it will be the last one we purchase. Too bad - we are going to buy 2 or 3 more this year - probably go back to the Chevy Express.

Edited by bigfoot

I have the 1500 NV with the V6, Low Roof, Standard Length. Drive 1/2 in town and 1/2 on the freeway. Never go past 70, usually 68, almost all flat land. I have the shelf package and ladder rack on the roof and about 1000# on tools & gear. Had it since last year. Have not had to use the AC yet except for a few days to defrost the windows. Bought it because it was supposed to get good gas milage. The milage guage says I get between 11.2 and 11.8 day in and day out. Very poor milage - not at all what I expected. Otherwise a great van but it will be the last one we purchase. Too bad - we are going to buy 2 or 3 more this year - probably go back to the Chevy Express.

A common mistake is to not reset the Fuel Economy Meter on the trip computer. The computer is calculating everything (Sitting at stop lights, flooring it to get on the highway and also cruising speeds). I have a 2500 High Roof V8 and get 15.5 - 16.5 on the highway. Also, actually do the math and divide the miles per tank into the gallons used (like we used to do in the old days before computers). It has to be better than 11.8 MPG's....

I've been living in Florida for 7 months now & I've only seen 3 NV's on the road.

The one I saw the other day was a, "Rooms To Go" company van.

I'm thinking your gonna see some bigger companies buy them to test reliability, next to their other older vans in their fleet.

Companies do track maintenance & repair costs. Like say a sprinter van vs express or econoline.

Their also gonna be looking at fuel mileage.

Toyota or Nissan needs to come out with a hybrid powered work van.

I think it's safe to say that the Nissan NV is not selling. This forum would have a lot more members by now.

I've been hoping to see more on the road, myself.

Actually - They need to come out with a "Standard Shift" Option. I bet they could not make them fast enough. Just think of the better control and MPG. Those of

us who like a standard -would go nutz for a 2500 High Top in either a V6 or V8 with a 5 or 6 speed manual.

A common mistake is to not reset the Fuel Economy Meter on the trip computer.

How is that done?

Edited by kitcarlson

My NV2500 with V8 on Regular Fuel at 6000ft carrying Appliance Parts to the ceiling averages Lowest 15mpg Highest 19mpg If I use mid grade my mileage will increase by 2mpg Not worth the added cost at the pump.

Simple math will tell you that running mid grade is cheaper.

$3.52 regular gas.(happens to be 2011 national retail price)

$3.64 mid grade gas.

15 mpg regular .235 cpm

17 mpg mid .214 cpm

19 mpg regular .185 cpm

21 mpg mid .173 cpm

Not here to just bust balls. I am looking to replace my 02 E350 7.3 diesel and so far there is nothing on the market that I want. I run alot of miles(85,000/yr) and fuel cost is a big factor. Sprinter dosen't get any better fuel economy than I get now and maintenance and initial cost is terrible. E-series and Savana/Express fuel economy sucks. I've had my eye on the NV since first hearing about it a couple of years ago. While I really like the cab layout it appears the fuel economy is no better than the current offerings. I'm hoping the 2013 Ford Transit will be the ticket. Guess I'll have to wait and see.

Now if Nissan would just put a small diesel in the NV......................

Wow! 340 miles a workday... that'll make ya saddle sore! Running that many miles it can't be cost-effective to buy new can it?

Running that many miles it can't be cost-effective to buy new can it?

I would buy used if there was something made that is better on fuel than my 7.3. The last 7.3 was 03 and the first Gen Sprinters rust worse that the Fords. I hear the Duramax can do pretty good but I think $12,000 diesel option is a bit steep. I priced out a Savanna at $50,000 for a cargo van and good luck finding a used one. WOW. I live in the "Rust Belt". I bought my 02 E350 used and have 700,000 miles on her. It runs great but it's the rust that's getting to her.

I'd also really like to step up to a high roof, AKA Sprinter, NV, T-Series as I spend alot of time in her.