fast1gt

Gas Mileage

ASD Dad, The dot is there but doesn’t seem to do anything when using a phone. There is a sort tab as well but no “latest post on top” option that I can see. 

Went back to sort tab and “custom” lets you sort them. No change so it may be for each individual search not a permanent default.  

Back to mpg. No surprise that each mpg per tank fill varies but overall mpg is consistent for NVs used in the same way. 85 mph doesn’t kill mpg but sustained 2nd gear on steep dirt road does. Yet, our mpg per trip varies little. 

Edited by radin2son

This may be when mpg and range matter most. On our last trip, local, regular gas was $2.29. In Parker, AZ, it was $2.59. In Needles, CA it was $4.69. Needless to say we filled up in AZ. 

Took a look at the gas receipts for the trip. 

17.6 mpg (interstate and good secondary roads. I tend not to believe this. Most likely overfilled first tank or under filled second.)

12.5 and 13.4 mpg. (Believe both, as we were on dirt roads at 10-25 mph in low gears.)

15.5 mpg (Mixed driving.)

Each tank refill doesn’t tell much. Average was 14.75 mpg. Lower than most trips.

I still have to look at total miles and gallons used. I expect it to be lower. 2012 NVs show mpg or average mpg. It was 14.6 mpg.

Not that it matters, the 17.6 mpg was definitely well off the mark. Not only did the gas pump constantly click off, but I had to get the receipt from the cashier and was given the wrong receipt. We were able to figure out gallons after the fact but...

Perhaps more to the point, total miles and gallons used showed 14.5 mpg average for 1057 miles.