Sign in to follow this  
Nate01

Transmission slipping

At 9500 miles feels earily similar to the torque converter slipping problem I had in my chevy express. On long inclines there's a hesitation in all gears. Dropped off at dealer this evening, no dash light came on so I'm guessing I won't get a diagnosis. Kind of disheartening it has under 10000 miles and this is its 2nd trip to the dealership for warranty work. The first was a bad wheel speed sensor that caused every dummy light on my dash to light up.

Hate to hear it. It should be a warranty issue, but nonetheless frustrating. Hope they find the problem & get you back on the road quickly.

Let us all know what the problem was & the fix, just for future reference for the rest of us..

I got my NV 2500 back this afternoon with no answer as to what caused the hesitation. I was told since the computer read no code they couldn't tell me anything. I checked the odometer and they did at least drive it to try and get it to act up. I was advised to come back when the hesitation got worse.. Ugh

is the problem a consistent problem or is it sometimes there? i would not settle for that.... go to a different dealer or raise hell at that one. its a brand new vehicle with 10000 miles

It has happened intermittently for the last two weeks

I may have a similar situation that I also need advice on.

My Nissan NV jerks when I start out from stop( at a stop sign or stop light). Feels like the rear wheels skip/bounce or jerk when beginning to move. then, once going, everything is fine. Also when I stop the rear wheels feel like they roll back excessively after a complete stop causing a reverse momentum shift with enough force to send you back against your seat.

It seems like the obvious would be too much slack in the driveshaft or bad u-joints, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I crawled under and checked. could it be brakes and/or differential? I Did change the differential oil in hopes the problem would go away to not avail. I only have 7000 miles.

The reason I think brakes is that the van sat at the back of the dealer lot through winter and was idle for a long period of time.Maybe rust?

Only other theory is that the back end is too light, as I have the rear row of seats  removed currently. Perhaps the car rides differently without heavier load which is what it is designed for?

Any help is appreciated.

Well it's been a while since I last posted but the intermittent slippage never really went away. For the last month it has gone from a slight hesitation once a month to a dramatic hesitation at acceleration a couple times a week. The hesitation feels eerily like the torque converter shuttering and locking back up. I'm actually still under warranty so it will go back yet again to the dealer. However in three years I have yet to throw a code

Pedal position sensor? ( Your problem sounds a lot like that).

I second that as well. Transmission slippage "should" be exaggerated in higher gears rather than at initial acceleration in a steep gear where it's easy to get moving.

Make sure as well that it isnt another issue, like tire slippage. When i was driving my Frontier through sand it almost died several times and i was cussing and carrying on. Come to find out, its designed to hesitate with tire slippage so when i want momentum i now simply turn off the traction control