SENNA9649

Center Console

Hello to all!

This is my first post although I have been reading many of the posts and appreciate all of the great information everyone has shared. 

I am selling my center console-  does this forum have a classified section? 

I purchased my NV about 2 weeks ago. It is a 1500 with the tech package. The van did not come with the center console however my sales guy threw one into the deal as i was originally hell bent on having one.

I purchased my NV to use as a bike hauler since my son races motocross. The V6 gets much better gas millage then my Silverado towing a trailer. All that being said we made a partition and added a bench seat fold out bed from a ford custom van. I will add pictures once it is completely finished. 

All that beings said, I now feel I would prefer the space then the console and am considering selling it. 

Thank You

I travel all over competing in trials events with my NV . I don't have the center console in mine and to me it would just be in the way.

That's the same reason I got a 1500 low roof V6 , it will haul all I need and with my bike trailer hitched up , I can still pull better than 20 mpg keeping with the flow of traffic.

Glenn

Yep- I agree!  It makes a very good bike hauler. So far I am happy with the decision. I spent over $1000.00 in one month hauling around a 7x12 V Nose with my pickup getting between 8 and 10 mpg. It made me sick! 

The center console is nice but the free space is preferred.

Do you guys miss having an armrest in the middle?

That would be my only trepidation about removing it.

My van has armrests on the front seats , if I care to fold it down . And I usually have a small cooler/lunchbox where the center console would be when traveling ,

Doesn't your van have the armrest as part of the seat ? 

Nope, no armrests on my seats. I wonder if they could be added?

We normally run our van without the center console.  Much easier to get to the rear...  BUT we plan to put it back in for long road trips.  With the bike back there we can't move around the back much anyway.  you do miss the armrest,  storage, and extra food snack storage on the road.   Around town i keep it out so i can walk into the back easier.  

Your going to love it for hauling you bikes,  I am working on a semi permanent  ramp that will fold down from the tow hitch.  

20131106_130856_zpsf3623457.jpg

20130822_230540_zpsc3f434df.jpg

20131106_130916_zps445e07e0.jpg

My van has armrests on the front seats , if I care to fold it down . And I usually have a small cooler/lunchbox where the center console would be when traveling ,

Doesn't your van have the armrest as part of the seat ? 

Do you have pictures of said armrests?   Maby the vans with center console didn't get armrests?

Looking for someone that has removed the center console and info how-to and what to do with the wiring for the two electrical outlets in it.  Read somewhere that a person moved them to the cupholder area.  Of course, I can not find that now... but that post did not explain or have pix, which is what I would like.  Thanks for any help.  (Would like to remove it before I get to liking armrest part of it, cos that thing is a pain to crawl over.)

You remove the 4 (if I remember correctly) screws from the bottom of the console.  There is single electrical connector underneath the drivers seat that you must unplug and feed it back underneath the floor covering.  You pull out the tray underneath the seat to get better access.  The connector is underneath the covering but it is slit to provide access.  I had to struggle a bit do separate the connector as the space is tight and it's not obvious how to release the catch but it's not bad.

Thanks Carmen.  Took a peek... 4 inside and 2 by cup holder part; need a hex shape thing, not regular screwdriver.  Think I have drill bits like that.  Gonna attempt later or tomorrow.  Appreciate.  Guess once it's out, I can see about saving the outlets to relocate. 

can someone post a picture of what the floor looks like when the console is missing.  Sometimes I wonder if I'd be better off removing it so the passenger can walk back to the kids easier.

Hey Mr',

After 3+ weeks I just HAD to get that console out!  Afraid I would crack the top of it or bust a spring in my driver's seat. 

So, I used a socket wrench (?) with shortest handle racketing thing I could find and removed all 6 screws.  It is NOT easy because of depth of console and limited space.  Once all are out or loose(in the case of the ones in the cupholder section, I could not grab a hold of them once loose), I put removed the drawer under the driver's seat, adjusted the seat as far back as it could go, but was still struggling to unplug the electrical wires that go to the outlets inside console.

It is easier to slide the whole console 3 to 4 inches back, towards the rear of van, and then tilt the entire thing up at a 90 degree angle towards the front.  Then, I had no problem unplugging the wires.

Will try to attach pix here. 

PS - If successful with pix, you will also see my seat cover solution!  As an owner of two boxer dogs, 65 and 70 lbs respectively, that can shed like crazy, I tried throwing sheets over the seats without success.  My brainchild - to hopefully not effect the airbags or seatbelts - was to go to a thrift store and buy two denim "prairie skirts" with elastic waistbands. Quick fix, easy to remove and wash... works for now!

later all.

post-901-0-52277400-1424123911_thumb.jpg

Bahahaha! Love the seat covers! Looks like you're taking your front seat out for a fancy dinner and a movie!

andy_george ... LOL!  I know!  I should get a couple of French berets for the headrests!

But, seriously, besides the dog fur flyin', I didn't even mention the DROOL factor with Boxers.  Yikes!  Bad enough what it does to the windows when I bring them along for a ride.  (picture snail slime/finger paint!)  I just couldn't see investing in car seat covers that would be a bear to remove regularly to wash.  The skirts go on and off so easy... who cares if it's sorta trailer-park chic?   hehehe.  What can I say!?  Later.

BTW - In a few days time, I can tell all removing that big ol' console is the BEST thing to do if you want to move from front to back without getting out of van first.  I have slide a Coleman cooler, that has wheels on one end, up into that space, so I still have an "armrest" and a place to toss stuff when it's not being used as cooler.

Also, van manual does recommend replacing the screws into the floor holes to avoid rust or moisture or some such thing.  I just haven't done it yet.  Hopefully I will before I lose one of them.

A square dance decal on the back and 2 cowboy hats on the headrests will complete the look.

The console top actually is very durable. It quickly became a rear facing seat when camping. Same for the cooler we also carry. I agree it is a pain to climb over or to lean over from the back when trying to get something from the front.

Too bad the armrests have to be cut off. I'd trade you the armrests I have for the center console you have!