Sign in to follow this  
Adika Cross

Daily Driver

I'm thinking about buying one later this year. I'm not sure if it will be good as a daily driver.

Are you looking at the passenger van or cargo van?

This van is very comfortable to drive & very easy to work out of, if you're needing a cargo van.

If you are looking for high gas mileage look elsewhere. These vans are designed for work, no matter whether you are hauling people or equipment, they handle the task well. Just realize that because it has the Nissan label on it, it does NOT mean it gets good gas mileage.

My van is a daily driver, I don't mind it and actually like the high seating of the drivers seat.  If you are looking for a compliant ride like a 1/2 ton truck/suburban/conversion van look elsewhere for a passenger vehicle as the passenger NV rides like a 1 ton truck.  On the flip side its a 1 ton truck and you can use it like one.

I use my V6 1500 cargo as a daily driver , and my avg. mileage  meter hasn't been reset in about 9k .... It still resides at 19.6 . Not great mileage for sure , but great mileage for this type of vehicle :)

Glenn

Edited by axulsuv

My van is a daily driver, I don't mind it and actually like the high seating of the drivers seat.  If you are looking for a compliant ride like a 1/2 ton truck/suburban/conversion van look elsewhere for a passenger vehicle as the passenger NV rides like a 1 ton truck.  On the flip side its a 1 ton truck and you can use it like one.

I am not sure I would agree that it rides like a 1 ton truck; at least not the NV passenger van I have.  I have had a few 1 ton trucks and a 1 ton Chevy Express passenger van and this van rides 100X better than any other 1 ton I have been in.  It doesn't ride like a nice car but I think it rides close to as good as a full-size 1/2 ton truck.

I am not sure I would agree that it rides like a 1 ton truck; at least not the NV passenger van I have.  I have had a few 1 ton trucks and a 1 ton Chevy Express passenger van and this van rides 100X better than any other 1 ton I have been in.  It doesn't ride like a nice car but I think it rides close to as good as a full-size 1/2 ton truck.

Good to know, I know for a fact that this thing is nowhere close to being as compliant as my 2011 F150 or my Buddies burb.

Hi Adika,

We use our nvp every day as we outgrew our Toyota sienna. The nv rides much harsher than a car or minivan when empty. Add 8-10 people and it's very smooth. Fuel economy was a big adjustment from the sienna, about double the consumption. Ride height is great. It is a 7000 pound, 8 foot wide, 7 foot tall, 20 foot long beast, designed specifically to haul lots of stuff/people/trailers with a few creature comforts thrown in for good measure. Best to think of it as a very comfortable tank ;) That being said, we love ours.

Good luck!