Sign in to follow this  
nmsu

Can any Nissan dealer do warranty work on a NV 3500 passenger?

First post here so hello to everyone.  We are seriously looking at buying a new NV3500 passenger but the dealer in town doesn't sell the NV line.  I wasn't sure if I bought an NV from a Nissan dealer that handled the commercial/NV line if my local dealer could do the warranty work.

Thanks in advance for the help and any advice

Simple answer, No. The Nissan dealers that can service the NV have to have special equipment (lifts) and space (garage door clearence) to fit the NV.  That being said you might want to check with them, they might still do the work. Problem is Nissan might not pay them for it, the NV is kind of an internal franchise.

A while back I called Nissan USA with the same quaestion. I needed warranty work done and it turns out they gave approval to use Nissan dealer that is closer to my home. ... BUT the Nissan dealer refused to take the NV in for any reason, not even an oil change. When I talked to the Service manager he told me it was due to insurance reasons. The dealer didn't think it was worth the higher insurance rates required for servicing these vehicles.

I also called Nissan about this since the closest NV dealer is about 60 miles away.

My question was about emergency repair work like a busted radiator hose, etc that might make the vehicle un-driveable. A simple repair & probably most dealers would have that part because the Titan pickup has the same engine. Could the local Non NV dealer make a repair like that to get me back on the road or would the van have to be towed 60 miles away?

Their response was The local dealer could do the repair if they chose to do so. They said , like mentioned above,  that not all dealers are equipped to get high roof vans into their garages, weight limitations on lifts, etc.

So it depends on the type of repair, does the local dealer have the part, and are they willing to do it?

AS a ex Nissan mech. , I can add that for minor stuff most dealers will do it if they've got a competent tech and can fit it in , but call and ask them first ...

And remember the NV Dealers have NV techs that have NV training .... I used to do GTR's and like the NV , that is a whole other different Nissan ...

Glenn

Thank you for the information. The closest NV dealer is 220 miles away so I'll have to think about it.  I'll probably buy one and hopefully I won't have many issues.

Thank you for the information. The closest NV dealer is 220 miles away so I'll have to think about it.  I'll probably buy one and hopefully I won't have many issues.

And I thought 60 miles away was bad! Just yesterday I drove by my local Nissan Dealer & they had 2 NV's on the lot. Checked Nissan website last night to see if they are listed as NV dealer but they aren't showing up. Maybe Nissan just hasn't updated the site recently. Think I'll drop by & talk to them.

Next month I will have had my NV 2500 V8 High Roof for 1 year. So far I haven't had to take it in for any reason. (mine must have been made on a Tues., Wed., or Thurs.)