Ryanschneider

Audio Modifications

I have a 2012 NV 1500 SV, but i am sure the radio's are all pretty much the same unless you have navigation. First of all I would love to change the radio so i would need a FIT KIT. Then i would also need a steering wheel control adaptor to work with my radio (PAC-Audio).

I was able to tap into the stock radios rear channel to add a subwoofer with a hi-low converter, but i really just want to change the radio. If anyone knows of a fit kit I would love to hear about it.

thanks

I have a 2012 NV 1500 SV, but i am sure the radio's are all pretty much the same unless you have navigation. First of all I would love to change the radio so i would need a FIT KIT. Then i would also need a steering wheel control adaptor to work with my radio (PAC-Audio).

I was able to tap into the stock radios rear channel to add a subwoofer with a hi-low converter, but i really just want to change the radio. If anyone knows of a fit kit I would love to hear about it.

thanks

I found that the pioneer 3300bt was a great fit and offered back up camera capabilities and built in blue tooth. Great iPod functionality with streaming pandora. No fit kit necessary although I couldn't find a wiring harness so I had to hard wire it! Not a big deal.

I just want to add rear speakers. Did you tap into them at the stereo, or are there wires in the rear already?

I found the pins for the rear channel in the stereo on my s , but no connector (female end on wire) in the harness plug , just open/empty holes ... I've got to get to my local dealership and get them to order me some harness repair pieces . I tried to use some out of a totaled 08 maxima we had at the shop but the terminals were to big to fit the pins and plug ... They are almost microscopic !!!! I've got copies of the schematic if you need it for terminal ID. and you'll have to run leads all the way to the 6x9 holes already in back .

Glenn

I messaged you my email for the schematic. I'll see what I can come up with. I am going to run the wires to a powered sub.

Message returned ....!

Success !!!

I just installed the rear speaker leads into the OE. plug and all works as designed ...

I don't have the part # for the terminal ends to fit the plug as the parts man just handed me the 3 plastic compartment boxes he had with the terminal end pigtails in them and said "good luck !" ... Thru years of use , not a single connector was in it's proper compartment w/a part # , but out of about a 1000 3 inch pigtails I found 4 of the smallest ones and they are correct :) ! And then the parts guy just let me have them so that made it a great day .

For right now I've just got some old self enclosed woofers plugged in to the rear channel and sitting on the floor , and the leads are just running out under the dash ...

I'm glad I got the wire ends into the correct spots on the plug , 'cause I don't have anything here small enough to push the release tab in the plastic connector !!!

Now to route the leads properly and remove the side panels and cut them open over the existing 6x9 holes in the body structure ...

Does anyone know the Ohm rating on the stock front speakers ??? Or do I have to pull one and find out for myself ... It's all about balance and sound level with a low powered headset ...

Glenn

now to find a good aftermarket plug and play cruise control kit for my bare bones NV ...

Here are Part #'s used to install a new Jensen VM 9725BT Multi-Media GPS/DVD unit into my new 2012 NV2500 HD with basic Radio/CD.

JENSEN VM9725BT MultiMedia DVD/GPS Unit

METRA 40-NI12 Antenna Extender Harness

METRA ASWC Steering Wheel Control Interface

METRA 70-7552 Wiring Harness

METRA Stereo Head Kit (not needed for my application; since my Jensen came with DIN and Faceplate Kit)

I have not selected a CCD Back Up camera yet, but will pre-wire RCA Co-Axial video cable during install as well as for additional speakers, subwoofer and sub amp. Plan on installing either today or Friday.

I'll post pics and results soon.

Darren

Cinema at Home

Edited by Darren

I found the pins for the rear channel in the stereo on my s , but no connector (female end on wire) in the harness plug , just open/empty holes ... I've got to get to my local dealership and get them to order me some harness repair pieces . I tried to use some out of a totaled 08 maxima we had at the shop but the terminals were to big to fit the pins and plug ... They are almost microscopic !!!! I've got copies of the schematic if you need it for terminal ID. and you'll have to run leads all the way to the 6x9 holes already in back .

Glenn

Can you tell me where these pins live? I'd also like to hook up rear speakers. Also, where do the 6x9 holes live? I've got the factory MDF panels installed and won't know where they are unless I remove them.

I'd also appreciate a copy of the schematic. I've got the factory nav system, so it may not apply.

I haven't been able to figure out how to pop out the head unit yet if that's where I have to start digging.

Thanks!

Blaine

Blaine ;

Go to this address and buy the shop manual for a day and copy down all the info you need , and yes yours will be wired completely different than my base model . Mine just had the front door speakers , none in the dash top . http://www.nissan-te...ch_results.aspx

Hint ; get some plastic or nylon trim removal tools , nissan built the clips and retainers not to loosen up and vibrate ! they are tight and strong ... The all plastic one below the ign. switch can be a bear .

The Speaker holes are above the rear fenderwells , Pop the panels off to index your cut lines . Look in the gallery photos and there are some photos of one with OE. speakers in place , or just swing by your dealer and look at a S model without the fiberboard and you'll see the existing holes in the sheetmetal , screw holes and all .

Have Fun , measure twice , cut once !!!

Glenn

Thanks Glenn... good tips and info. I'll let you know how it goes when I get around to it.

I ended up putting in a Pioneer 3200 BT with a backup a third brake light backup camera. I highly recommend the backup camera makes backing up in tight spaces easy.

Axulsuv....I would LOVE to have the schematic for the audio system that you have if it includes the Navi unit. I need 50 posts before the site will let me PM you?

Glenn

I have pins with pig tails that will fit but I do not know  how the rear speakers are colour coded on the radio (male) block side. My van is a base 2500 high roof. If you can advise me as to the colour code or plug location of the rear left and right + and - terminals it would be very helpful ---thanks

Get your E-mail to me and I'll send the info I have , The pdf is too large to attach here ...!

Glenn

Get your E-mail to me and I'll send the info I have , The pdf is too large to attach here ...!

Glenn

Glenn thanks again I got my demo speakers going this evening and I will pick up new 6x9s  tomorrow. This is really going to improve sound!    wilf

you  can  consult  happyshoppinglife , they  will give  you the  professional  advice . you  will find  the one fitting  for  your  car .

hello

Hi axulsuv,

im a bit late checking back but can you send me info u sent wheelchair access?  tx rick

nv stereo.pdf   

Here is 1 schematic , Look in my gallery for the plug details and my notes on the dash , I had to cheat the system to get all the info onto this site ....

Have fun with it !

Glenn

Edited by axulsuv

thanks. 

another subject:  FREE SIRIUS/XM till the 3rd of December!!

Does anybody know the stock speaker sizes in the 3500SL?

Thinking I'm going to upgrade them......

I sure could use those wiring diagrams as well! My address is spankybird8@gmail.com I have a 2016 nv2500hd trying to add speakers and an amp? Thanks