Sign in to follow this  
radin2son

Positive Nissan service experiences

Service is due... Where do you go?

Here are Nissan dealers we have had a positive experience. It would be great if this list could expand over time with forum members contributing.

Grande Prairie Nissan in Grande Prairie, Alberta (NV dealer)

Stanley Nissan in Fairbanks, AK (NV dealer)

John Lee Nissan in Panama City, FL (NV dealer)

Brower Brothers Nissan in Rock Springs, WY

Independent shops could be included, but our experience has been they have never seen an NV. Stuttgart Autohaus in Tucson, where I take our VW, is willing to work on it as they have the equipment to work on the VW Rialto (? Spelling). Since we use our NV for travel, we decided to get used to the Nissan network.

Edited by radin2son

North Point Nissan in Little Rock, AR sells a lot of NVs (for our small area) and has a very good service department. Ask for Fred, he is very enthusiastic about the NV line.

Thanks for the info on North Point Nissan, Little Rock AK.

To make this worthwhile, we should contact www. nissanusa.com and let them know about all positive NV service experiences. Nissan will get back to you, plus send a copy of your comment to the dealer. One would hope Nissan would consider this when evaluating NV dealers. Why else are we asked for evaluations every time we go to a dealer?

Nissan also gets back to you regarding negative comments. The latest TPMS post warrants contacting them. 2 dealers not checking the pressure and resetting the TPMS suggests others are doing this as well. Keep in mind your roll over accident report will read driver error, extreme low psi in the rear tires. NHTSA should also be notified.

Edited by radin2son

Tonkin Nissan, Wilsonville, OR is good.

AVOID Beaverton Nissan.  Service department is terrible.  I drive an extra 15 miles just to avoid them.

Edited by jimgoings

Took my NV in for an oil change at Jim Click Nissan. Much improved customer service and attention. The NV service writer (Jeff) brought up my service records while on the phone scheduling the oil change for this morning. He was aware of the TPMS/tire rotation issue as it had been brought up in a service meeting at the time. (My guess is that my records have been flagged.) When I brought it in, he did not try to sell me the more expensive service. He also told the service manager (Frank) the NV was there for service. Frank remembered they owed me a tank of gas, part of their effort to make up for their screw up, but I had just filled up, so we settled on no charge for this service.

So what does this have to do with anything? Well, good customer service kicked in...

If you are traveling east or west on I-10 and need NV service, give Jim Click Nissan service a call (520-884-4150).

Wish Nissan would make it easier to find NV dealerships while traveling. Basically you have to guess which cities might have a dealership.

Edited by radin2son

Sheehy Nissan of Manassas.  Add to the good list.  First service today.  I have their "VIP Service" package, which is effectively a prepaid 6 year service plan (they practically threw it in when I purchased my NV) that includes oil, filters, tire rotation, fluids, etc.

Dealership called to remind me of appointment the day ahead.  They were ready for me when I arrived and put my at the head of the line.  They have ~ 6 bays that look like they can handle an NV, and my big blue went to the first open bay immediately.  Tech looked to know what he was doing on the NV as well.  Immediately rotated the tires and reset the TPMS with no hassle and set me to 51 and 82 PSI front and rear.  Next was the oil/filter, and off we went. Service rep came to hand me the keys and $0.00 paperwork in 51min. Out the door in under an hour.  Not bad.

Tried to order a replacement glass mirror insert from my dealer and another local dealer yesterday. Mine was hit and I was able to jot down the name on the truck while I was standing outside of a fast food joint.

Needless to say neither dealer wants my business. Not only will they not take a credit card over the phone, they want me to come in to order it and then return in another 2 days when it arrives.

Sat down on the computer and found the exact factory Nissan replacement on Amazon in minutes, paid by cc and ships for free. This was faster than the time it took for the dealer to look up the part #. Not to mention the 2 wasted trips I would have had to make.

Makes no sense that they can't process a cc order to save at least 1 trip to the dealer. No wonder Amazon is kicking the brick and mortar stores out of business.

Rick

Rick,

The topic is "positive" service experiences so others have a frame a reference on where NV owners have had good experiences.  To stay with the theme of the thread, you need to name the service dealers you suggest avoiding and suggest an alternative.  Otherwise this is just another bitching thread, and that was not what the OP intended.

FWIW, we are all painfully aware of your "less-than-stellar" opinion of your NV and associated experiences with Nissan, and that is fine.  It is an open forum and of course you are free to post here just like the rest of us.  However, I would caution you that you should try to stay factual, tempered, and on point with your posts.  You lose a lot of credibility when you act like a seagull in every thread (fly in, squawk loudly at everyone, and then crap on everything).

Best,

Mc2guy

Ok then I should start a complete new thread subject just for my negative experiance trying to order a replacement part from 2 different Nissan dealerships.

Would you make 2 round trips to purchase a $79.00 mirror glass? On a day with no traffic it's 1.5 hours round trip. X 2 to return and pick up the 10 ounce part.

My less than stellar experiance you speak of is about a factory defective radio/ gps. Seeing you're not too interested in actually helping, you obviously don't own 1.

Yet post #2 and #5 get no comments.

Try using your ignore feature if you don't like what I post. 11 other members have thanked me for my post.

Rick.

You have started new threads to complain, and I'm very aware of your issues.  I have an SL with the nav feature you complain about.  But, unlike you, I researched what I was buying and knew full well the capabilities and limitations of what I was purchasing.  You have every right to complain until you are blue in the face, but how about containing it to relevant threads?  Again, if you want to participate in this thread, name the dealership you have issue with.  It's not hard.  

You've asked for "help" but I don't' know what you expect to get from a forum.  I don't run Nissan, and frankly, no one here is going to fix your issue for you, not matter how many threads you pollute, or how often you whine about it.  Others have suggested you replace your NAV with a unit that suits your needs, but apparently you didn't like that suggestion.  You've made your dissatisfaction known, so go bark up another tree.  OR, you could choose be a contributing member of the community and tell us how you fixed your own problem instead of looking for someone to fix it for you. Your choice.

Had a real freak accident & busted the mirror out of my drivers side mirror.

Scheduled an appointment with Classic Nissan in Statesville NC so they could order the parts needed to repair. To my utter amazement they had the parts in stock & fixed it on the spot & I was on my way within an hour.

Great job Classic Nissan !

I left happy even though my wallet was screaming as if it had been tortured.

Starting a new topic doesn't imply ownership or responsibility, just intent or "theme" to quote Mc2guy.

I didn't read the second post but assumed it was a joke, probably indicative of no need for or no interest in this topic. It was a month before anyone posted a positve dealer service. Lack of need/interest is most probably true for businesses who cover a relatively small area not far from the selling dealer. Feedback for poor dealer service/maintenance would be no future sales. Still would like to hear from them.

The 5th post offered up a positive and negative experience, the latter in 3 lines.

Rick, you could have done the same, naming both dealers you found lacking and briefly why. 6 lines? This time, however, you came up with a solution. You will have to tell us how to replace the mirror.

Edited by radin2son

the 2 dealers are huge, 1 is carson nissan where i purchased my 3500 from and the other is also close to them in the south bay/ redondo beach. i think they go by auto nation. between the 2 of them they have over 70 nv's in stock. it really isn't a unique part out here as mirrors get broken very often with all the vehicles on the road and parked. but to make someone drive 30 plus miles each way just to order a $79.00 mirror makes no sense especially since traffic makes it over an hour each way. multiply this by a return trip and it's crazy. can't understand why they won't take a phone order with a credit card, but places line amazon and ebay survive on this type of transaction.

As far as replacing the glass insert, it can be done in seconds with no tools. there is a plastic disc with fingers built into it and the glass plastic backing plate snaps into the mirror swivel backing plate. the 2 wires for the defroster are just spade slip on connectors.  

For kicks i called the dealer that mcguy posted  about in virginia. they will order the mirror as long as they fax you a cc authorization form. but they won't mail the part so it's useless anyways. and for some reason they are $98.00 plus tax which is $20.00 more than my dealers and amazon.  they did have the complete assembly in stock for $410.00 if interested. 

Rick.

You will have to let us know which of the 10 dealerships you settle on for service.

Easy to fix mirror, but also easy to break the plastic swivel after a few summers in our heat. Not that metal would be much better... Wonder when mirrors will be replaced with "all around cameras" that Leaf offers as an option.

2 more NV dealerships to add to the list:

Scott Clark Nissan in Charlotte, NC.

Had a persistent check engine light and showed up without an appointment around 11:30 am. Michael Redwine, the service advisor, got our NV in right away and the problem was fixed. We had intended this to be a social visit with Chris Nagy, but not that long of a visit.

South Colorado Springs Nissan in Colorado Springs, CO.

Needed an oil change. Showed up without an appointment around 2:30 pm. Anayansi Adame, the service advisor, got us in and out in an hour. Since we had 2 dogs, I asked where we could sit outside, and he said just bring them in with us in the waiting area. So we sat at a table under the "No pets allowed" sign. Staff liked them better than us; we were scruffy looking after being on the road for over a month

Nissan of Greer - Greer, SC

Only NV certified dealer in the Upstate area of SC.  New service manager (need to find his name) is great and the NV techs are nice, met two of them so far.

I got a thumbs up for Sheehy Nissan of Manassas and John Lee Nissan of Panama city. Been to each one only once but both were helpful and accommodating.

Thanks. Mc2guy also recommended Sheehy Nissan. Passing through Panama City, we also had a good experience at John Lee Nissan.

For what it is worth, here is a updated list of Nissan NV service departments forum users have rated as a positive experience:

ALABAMA
Benton Nissan (Hoover)

ALASKA
Stanley Nissan (Fairbanks)

ARKANSAS
North Point Nissan (Little Rock)

ARIZONA
AutoNation Nissan (Chandler)
Avondale Nissan (Avondale)

CALIFORNIA
Future Nissan (Roseville)

COLORADO
South Colorado Springs Nissan Colorado Springs)
Greeley Nissan (Greeley)

FLORIDA
John Lee Nissan (Panama City)

MICHIGAN
Elhart Nissan (Holland)
Fox Nissan (Grand Rapids)

NORTH CAROLINA
Scott Clark Nissan (Charlotte)
Classic Nissan (Statesville)
Hunter Nissan (Hendersonville)

OREGON
Tonkin Nissan (Wilsonville)

SOUTH CAROLINA
Nissan of Greer

UTAH

Tim Dahle Nissan (Southtown)

VIRGINIA
Sheehy Nissan (Manassas)

CANADA

ALBERTA
Grande Prairie Nissan

Updated: 3/31/19

Edited by radin2son

I bought my van from Elhart Nissan in Holland, MI. Fox didn't carry the NV's at that time. I wonder when they began....? Fox is half the distance, so that's good to know. Thanks!!

It's time to revive this thread with all the new owners and posters. The emphasis is on good service, but you can add buying as well. We, however, all know that the best price does not mean great service. Hence, no need to stick with the commercial dealer with a terrible service department

You can imagine that we pay attention to this when we travel. No way can we hope to find a good independent mechanic... plus we will bypass a commercial dealer with poor service.

I went in for my first oil change the other day and I won't be going back. It shouldn't take 1.5 hours. I wasted over 2 hours of my day to save $35(what the shop next to my office charges).

It was miserable, it literally took 20 minutes for them to move my car from the service line. And I have never seen employees walk so slow. Don't put the slowest moving employee right in front of the main window to the waiting room.

If you take the time to post, at least name the dealer who provided the service, good or bad. Otherwise the info is of no value.

mk1_62

What "shop next door" are you referring to? Nissan or quick lube place? I get the annoyance of you sitting there and the time factor, so maybe your best bet is a reliable quick lube place or do it yourself.

When home, I make service appointments, but on the road we have had great express service just showing up.

The place next door to us is our standard mechanic. They do all of our repairs and maintenance on our other vehicles. I drop the car off and walk to work.

Oh, I forgot, I made an appointment at Nissan. The first Nissan dealer I made an appointment at didn't work on the NV. The second one did, but clearly an appointment means nothing.