WordsOn2Wheels

Would you buy another NV?

I've been looking at them and reading the forums to get a feel from the owners. One question I have is would you buy it again or will you replace it, when the time comes, with another?

I know that nothing is perfect. However, in the big picture, how do you feel after owning one for awhile now?

In a heartbeat ! :) , But mine is a no frills bare cargo , I haven't any exposure to the passenger van , I added a 2/3rds bench seat to mine . Which I believe Nissan should offer for the contractor / working truck types ...

Glenn

We have had our passenger van for about a month and a half... And yes, I would buy another one.

I have the high roof cargo van & simply love it. Look forward to driving it. And yes I would buy another without question. Nothing comes close to fitting my needs like the NV.

After our first family excursion (1500 mile round trip) in our NV passenger van... A resounding yes!

In a heartbeat ! :) , But mine is a no frills bare cargo , I haven't any exposure to the passenger van , I added a 2/3rds bench seat to mine . Which I believe Nissan should offer for the contractor / working truck types ...

Glenn

The Ram Promaster as an extended passenger seat.  Looks like they realized that a lot of people are sitting on folding chairs in the middle.  Wish Nissan would have had something similar too.  I hate modding stock if I don't have to. :(

I have the high roof cargo van & simply love it. Look forward to driving it. And yes I would buy another without question. Nothing comes close to fitting my needs like the NV.

Couldn't say it better and agree completely.

The Dodge Promaster showed up in our little town a couple of months ago - I was not impressed - too flimsy to hold up.

The Ford Transit finally made its appearance last week - it would have tempted me but honestly I am nearing completion of our NV to RV conversion and have spent, in total, less than just the purchase price of the Ford.

Nissan NV equals safety, economy, and comfort.

Good feedback. I'm glad some of you chimed in on the Ford and Dodge.

Our plan is to keep our NV camper going for 10 years, 2 down and counting. The only way we would buy another in the interim would be if Nissan offered an extended version. We would use the same floor plan and the added room for storage.

With all the NV mailings we have received in the past 3-6 months, Nissan wants me to buy another now. Bates, you are right about the lack of early promotion. It had to hurt! The current promotion is slick. We like the "Rock video" even though we have no clue who he is.

rad - it certainly looks like the US is putting a push on, nissantoughlove.com, boosting the warranty etc. I'm told at launch the goal was for 15% marketshare, have quite aways to go. 

Incidentally, I was at that test track shown in the tough love videos in May, it's a completely amazing facility, got to do a ride and drive event (nv, nv200, promaster, chev, sprinter, transit connect) over all the various tracks they have. All the tests they show are completely real. The heat chamber one he downplayed a bit but they rain salt water on the vehicle for several hours, drive the vehicle on the high speed oval for a few hundred miles then back in the 140 degree room. What he didn't say was at the end they take the vehicle apart by hand to see how everything has fared, too see how corrosion affected it. They had an example of something changing on an infiniti SUV because of their testing. 

At the beginning, I said "Heck Yeah I'd get a new one."  Now after dealing with only 2 NV certified Service sops within 250 miles and neither seems to know anything about it, I am rethinking my decision...