zcgame

Need help with rear AC

I have a 2013 NV3500 HD passenger van, but I found my rear ac seems doesn't work. when I turned on the rear ac, the floor vent behind driver seat had wind came out, but vent on the roof didn't work. no wind came out from those roof vents, does anyone know what happened?

So here is the "Official" story from both the dealership and your manual.  The vents are not dual use.  The ceiling rears are for a/c only, while the ground vents are heat only.  The vents that are in use are thus tied to whether you are running hot or cold air.  In my personal experience, the rear system is weak and pathetic.  To get any real benefit, i usually run at near max settings.

However, based on your statements, I would recommend taking it into the dealership for some repair service, which should still be covered by the warranty.  It could be a blower motor.  Ours had a "clog" originally.

I have a problem with my NV Passenger rear ac that I believe is clogged or disconnected duct work. Not much air comes out of ceiling vents even when i have blower on full blast. Dealership said its ok but theres no way that blower shouldn't pump a lot more air than it does. I noticed an air leak in the duct work in the vertical section above the blower that blows onto the window near the top. To me that would indicate either a disconnected or blocked section of duct work. Even after explaining this to the deal they said its working the way its supposed to. Does anyone know where I can get instructions on how to take the panels of to expose the duct work? I would bet any amount of money that I see an obvious problem.

I have a problem with my NV Passenger rear ac that I believe is clogged or disconnected duct work. Not much air comes out of ceiling vents even when i have blower on full blast. Dealership said its ok but theres no way that blower shouldn't pump a lot more air than it does. I noticed an air leak in the duct work in the vertical section above the blower that blows onto the window near the top. To me that would indicate either a disconnected or blocked section of duct work. Even after explaining this to the deal they said its working the way its supposed to. Does anyone know where I can get instructions on how to take the panels of to expose the duct work? I would bet any amount of money that I see an obvious problem.

Did you ever find a solution to this? I have the same situation going on right now. I think it is a collision repair issue gone bad...

I have had the same problem with the rear a/c . I went through several blowers . I told the dealership that the ductwork or something must have come disconnected or it is plugged up .they would just replace the blower and tell me that it was working like it was supposed too. Ok so when the warranty was up and they would no longer warranty it , another blower went out . I had the hardest time finding the right part number. None of the part houses I went to could pull up the part or cross reference it from the old one . Come to find out Nissan uses that blower in several vehicles. The reason why the air is coming out of the return air vent . (This is the vent on the driver side panel in the rear) the coil was plugged up . I found carpet lent, hair and dirt at least a 1/2 inch thick . Once I got it cleaned and replaced the blower moter , the rear a/c started working like it was supposed to, just like it was when I bought it . This will continue to happen . Call the Nissan headquters and complain . Let them know the issue even if your vehicle is out of warrenty. This is a poor design . And it need to be recalled .The rear a/c needs a filter to keep it from plugging up.

Did you ever find a solution to this? I have the same situation going on right now. I think it is a collision repair issue gone bad...

Rear coil is plugged up. Just like mine was its a poor design and needs a filter . I replaced mine and cleaned the coil nowvit works just fine . I made a filter out of some other cabin filter, And just tapped it over the air vent for now .

Rear coil is plugged up. Just like mine was its a poor design and needs a filter . I replaced mine and cleaned the coil nowvit works just fine . I made a filter out of some other cabin filter, And just tapped it over the air vent for now .

Any pictures or tips? Part #s used. Thanks for the info.

Me too, pics and tips on how to access and clean the real coils. I replaced my blower motor last year, got cold air blowing again in the rear, but very, very weak. %90 of our air for the rear passengers still comes from the front. Terrible design. I'm up for cleaning the coils and seeing if that helps, but I'm also looking at low profile roof mount a/c's. If I can get cold air blowing somewhat, I may take the time to pull out the headliner, and insulate, seal, do anything I can to help flow and temp issues. So @kenny 29, would love coil cleaning tips please!!!!

I have the same issue with my 2018, The thing is barely blowing any air! - I have only 400 miles on my ride so I seriously doubt its clogged up! 

Where is the air intake? On the floor or near the vent? 

Once I trace out where the intake is I can make a determination as to where the problem might be. 

The air intake is next to the second row.  There are two vents there, the one closer to the back is the one you want.

For those who haven't heard the news yet, there's now an aftermarket filter designed for the NV's rear air intake.  It should help to keep things from getting clogged by dust and debris.  https://www.makerbin.com/collections/car-hacking-supplies/products/nissan-nv-rear-a-c-filter-diy-add-on-kit

I got one for my van, and I'm happy with it.  It's very well designed.  The kit includes two filters, a filter holder, and mounting hardware.  You can buy additional replacement filters from the same website, or you can source your own filter material and cut your own filters.  The kit includes a template in case you want to go with the latter option.  There's no drilling or adhesive needed, so you can take it off without leaving a trace if you ever want to do so.

There's more information in this video.  It also clearly shows where the intake is.

Edited by Mark Rogers

How do you pull out the rear blower