Sign in to follow this  
Ranch Hand

Noisy front door hinges

Okay, this seems like a no-brainer, but I can't make it stop.  The front door hinges (I think specifically the plastic retainers) on my 2012 NV2500 creak like doors in a haunted house.  I've tried cleaning and lubricating them.  Like, with WD-40, then Tri-Flow, then Break-Free.  No improvement.  Has anybody else had this problem?  And if so, what did you do to fix it?  It's not just annoying, but embarrassing.  i hear somebody's truck doors squealing, I assume they don't maintain their vehicle.

Thanks!

-Ranch Hand

Do they squeak when driving or just when opening/shutting?  If the latter it is a lubrication issue.  WD40 and BreakFree are actually solvents that will dissolve any lubrication and dry out very quickly, they aren't meant to provide lubrication in repetitive use applications.  I'd try a lithium grease if you need to spray, or a good bearing grease if you have access to the touch points.

It's the retainer strap tensioner inside the the door , Penetrating spray grease works ... At least on mine it did .

Glenn