Sign in to follow this  
jaymanfifty

Factory Installed Packages

I just saw the NV last Sunday. Had not seen one on the road in my area of NC or on my travels. I have test driven both a V8 and V6 and want to get a V6, 2500 SV with all available options. I am dissappointed that the tow package is not being offered as a factory intall on the V6 although it supposedly has a tow rating of 7000 pounds with the tow package and only 2000 pounds without it????? If any factory reps or people in the know are reading this - What Gives???? You advertise a 7000 pound tow rating and then do not equip the vehicle to meet the requirements for that rating?????

I have never owned a Nissan but am interested in the NV - but I am used to getting a cut off of MSRP and the couple of dealers that I have talked with so far seem to be holding hard to the MSRP, one even added to the MSRP - no wonder Toyota is the much larger company! I have had mostly Toyotas but a few Fords and Chevys too and have ALWAYS gotten a reduction off MSRP [window sticker].

I don't accept a dealer's statement that the factory cannot equip a V6 with the tow package - seems with only 15 or so vehicles being built per day an exception could be made?????

Thanks for any responses - responses may be made to my email address if you prefer! Thanks, Jay

I guess it is for real - can't get the v6 with tow package eventhough the v6 is rated to tow 7000 pounds!! Very dissappointed! Guess I'll have to "cool my jets" on the NV. Nissan is too intractable! Haven't seen a single one on the road and it will likely continue that way!

Can't they just install a hitch and wireing for you at the dealer?

Can't they just install a hitch and wireing for you at the dealer?

This is what will be done - of course it cost quite a bit more than the factory installed towing package [$460 from factory] . Also, I will not be getting the special tow mirrors and the tow haul mode tranny. Anyway, I ordered yesterday and will wait anxiously till the stork arrives - probably early November.

This will be my first Nissan vehicle and I'm selling a Toyota to make this change - a vehicle that has been problem free except for a recall for the gas pedal..

This will be my first Nissan vehicle and I'm selling a Toyota to make this change - a vehicle that has been problem free except for a recall for the gas pedal..

almost positve my upcharge was about that much, I tow a small tralier about 2000 lbs, the mirrors would have been a nice touch. they had 2500 with the trailer package but I did not want white!

Good Luck

You can buy an off the market hitch for $150 and aftermarket wiring harness for about $60 and install it yourself .I did mine ,it takes a few hours .Parts are avelable on the internet .

The dealer will charge you atleast $600 to $800 .

If you read the fine print it says "7000lbs*" *=with available tow hitch "accessory" .

Just thought Id share :)

I know it's wierd that Nissan does not include a tow package with the V6. However, it's good that they don't because the transmission will last alot longer with the V6 if you don't tow anything with it. Just get a V8 so your tranny does not have to work overtime while towing.

so why would you get a v6 if you plan n towing anything??? I know that a V6 has better mpgs, but what would you really be towing that would make it worth the stresses you are putting on a V6?

If you are really going to tow, go with the v8, and spend a thousand on a new chip, cold air intake, and high flow muffler

As for price, i was able to get below MSRP but that was not on East Coast. Price is a factor of demand, and thinkk of it this way...that same truck in 2013 will be 5-10k more expensive...