Sign in to follow this  
cgartner

New NV Passenger 3500 HD SL in British Columbia

Hello, everybody.

My wife and I have been eybeballing the Nissan NVP for quite some time now.  We have five kids, all under 10, and had long since outgrown our 2006 Honda Pilot.  Oh sure, the Pilot seats eight, but add in friends, sports gear, etc., and you've got one cramped vehicle.  During this year's baseball season, we had to take both cars to accomodate all the people and gear.

So, we finally pulled the trigger, and picked up our new NVP this past Monday.  So far, overall, love it.  Just the ease of getting kids and gear in and out have made the purchase worthwhile.  And the space, oh my the space.  Just loads of real estate for driver and passengers alike.

My initial impressions:

Pro:

1.  Spacious

2.  Sonar system

3.  Rear camera

4.  Dealer included 2nd & 3rd row floor mats

5.  Multiple seat configuration.   (Already pulled out the rear seat to load up a 10' ladder to get up on the roof of one of my rental properties -- no more pain-in-the-rear strapping the ladder to the roof of my Honda).

6.  Powerful engine (V8).

7.  Multiple 12V and 120V plug ins, and USB/AUX port.

8.  Huge storage capabilities in the centre console, door slots, underseat tray and passenger wall slots.

9.  NAV & bluetooth system

Cons:

1.  Rear wheel drive (my personal preference is FWD).

2.  No mirrors on the visors

3.  No blinkers on the external mirrors

4.  No defrost on the external mirrors

5.  Irritating constant beeping when stopped or going at very slow speed.  (I think this may be a defect with the sonar, and have an appointment to bring back to the dealer next week.)

6.  Only one CD at a time (i.e. no CD stacker).

7.  Cannot disable passenger airbag.

8.  Inability to access retail finance pricing (i.e. 0%) on what is clearly NOT being used as a commercial vehicle.  Would have expected an exception for the passenger models would be available.

Those are my initial impressions, and overall we're so far very pleased with the purchase (although that beeping is seriously irritating, and if cannot be fixed/resolved, will be an ongoing problem).  Looking forward to a trip to Southern California in the spring with the family in the new, larger vehicle.  Looking forward to (and hoping for) a positive relationship with Nissan moving forward (coming from a Honda customer since 1997).

Edited by cgartner

Thanks for posting....I am new to this forum and in the market for a cargo van. At present the NV is at the top of the list. I appreciate you sharing your experience.