PonyJeff2k1

New NV-P 3500 Owner in Boston, with Quigley 4x4 conversion

Hi folks, 

I'm a new owner of 2014 NV-P 3500 in Boston.

Quigley Motors (http://www.quigley4x4.com) performed a lift and a 4x4 conversion.

Loving the van so far.

I also installed a Pioneer head unit (to use Apple carplay with our iPhones) and am looking for a new home for the GPS factory head unit.  Free to any taker.

Congratulations !

Welcome to the board.

Post some pics of that beast when you get a chance.

That's a very generous offer of that GPS unit. I'm sure somebody will take you up on that before too long.

You will notice that this board doesn't get a lot of hits or activity compared to other forums. The only reason I can think of 

for this, is that these NVs just don't break very often and there just isn't much to complain about, unlike the other jumbo van forums.

So how long did it take for Quigley to get that conversion done ? 

The Quigley conversion took about 6 weeks. The folks there were impressive-- smart and cheery.

I purchased the NV direct from Apple Nissan (www.apple-nissan.com) near Quigley in PA, a similarly impressive group, and worked with Glenn Davis (gdavis@appleauto1.com). He facilitated the Quigley upgrade and had the van delivered to me outside of Boston. Even with the Quigley and out-of-state dealer, it ended up being the simplest vehicle purchase I've been a part of.

A few pics:

sFh34Tz.jpg

DXkLD8Z.jpg

F8s4Nmw.jpg

z2ZV6rx.jpg

I will take the radio or at least the navigation card. Mine is missing.  Cool looking van with the 4x4 sticker!!

231-744-6221 jason

I never drove the non-modified NV, so I'm not certain regarding turning radius.  It doesn't seem larger than one would expect though.

Chris, We've had one in as an inventory piece....cargo 3500 High Roof....(since sold) and have a couple of more on the way, I honestly don't think it changed the radius one bit. Steering does feel a bit heavier though.  

Welcome to the very small club, I love my Quigley! I bought from the same place with a great experience also.

gallery_381_23_1377745.jpg

Edited by Tatunka

Tatunka,what wheels and tires on yours? Size?

Chris, We've had one in as an inventory piece....cargo 3500 High Roof....(since sold) and have a couple of more on the way, I honestly don't think it changed the radius one bit. Steering does feel a bit heavier though.  

I'd love to check out the conversion in person to see the quality of work, components, etc.  Sadly I don't think I'll get that chance here in Charlotte.

MY kids think the idea of entering through the back is cool. I will probably add a step to the rear hitch.

Which one is the best?

Tatunka,

What kind of running boards do you have?

I've used and sold this one.  I picked it after trying several because I thought it was just the right size, simple, durable, and looked nice.  I never liked bar type because I felt those  provided enough platform to step on, especially in the even of inclement weather like snow if you're carrying a box or something like that.  

http://www.amazon.com/Curt-Manufacturing-31001-Step-Pad/dp/B0009YIE0U/ref=sr_1_30?ie=UTF8&qid=1419600493&sr=8-30&keywords=hitch+step

I've also recomended this one to the right buyer on occasion.  It's meant for pets, it has a 200lb weight limit but I wouldn't recomend it for 1 200lb human.  It would be great for kids or dogs however.  It's also plastic which of course is indestructable.

http://www.amazon.com/Otto-Step-Car-Pet-Ramp/dp/B000WQ823E/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1419600781&sr=8-15&keywords=hitch+step

The running boards are the Owens black aluminum, they say that the running boards won't fit with the OEM mud guards, but if you chop off about 2-3 inches they will fit.

The tires are BFG ATs, 275/75 R18 on 18 inch ION Wheels with 0 offset.

Have you driven your conversion in sand, We drive on the beach a lot, and worried about lack of 4 low...

Nice,,, I like... B) B)