lmorten1

Oil Drain Plug Crush Washer

I'm a DIY type if guy. This is my first experience with what appear to be a crush type drain plug washer. Recommended to replace every time. Went to my OEM parts department and was given a hand full. Counter person said their tech's don't like them and don't use. They charge the customer every time for them so they have extras. Do their tech's know something that the engineers don't ? Not sure what to use.

LAZY TECHS !!!  It take a few seconds to change it ...

Yes it should be changed every time ... OR you strip the threads in the pan or on plug from over-tightening to stop leaks ...

The drain plug is softer material than the threaded insert in the pan , Therefore if you have to remove the plug all the way out with a wrench , it's to late and you need a new drain plug , as the threads on yours have started to roll  and distort .... 

Glenn

Dont worry, Just replace with a new magnetic drain plug and new crush washer the next time.

I have one of these on my 370Z and the next oil change will be with a new magnetic one for the NV SL.

http://nissanraceshop.com/product/greddy-magnetic-oil-drain-plug/?gclid=CKvw19CU38ICFYgAaQodGRcAfw