Chris_CommercialManager

Pics, 3 Passenger NV Cargo Crew

Just wanted to post up a few pics.  Customer needed to carry a third person.  He chose the mounting location, wouldn't have been my first choice but it's what he wanted.  Also what makes it unique is the fact that it's only one seat.  Usually it's a bench with either two or three person capacity.  

20150128_135410_HDR_zps60f7mk9c.jpg

20150128_135447_HDR_zps5wqzfccg.jpg

20150128_135404_HDR_zpsedg2ivfo.jpg

This would be a good option, with a window, for a home built camper. Does it come out easily when the extra seat(s) not needed?

And what does one seat, installed, go for, $$-wise?  (Is that an actual NV seat?)

To remove it just undo four bolts, the nuts and large washers are tack welded underneath.  So honestly with  socket and ratchet maybe 5 minutes with a blindfold on  :)

daydreamin....the seat is made by the best aftermarket manufacturer in my opinion, which would be freedman seating http://freedmanseating.com/  It cost the customer about $1200 including taxes, install, whole enchilada.  Never seen a single seat install like that, usually people add a bench with capacity for two or three.  A bench would cost approx only about $300 more.  Please keep in mind though, price can vary largely based on the seat chosen (this was a high quality seat) and the shop chosen to do the work.  It does cost way more to have a reputable shop do the work, and you would want nothing less unless you did an install yourself and were comfortable that your quality of work was sufficient to have somebody's life in your hands so to speak when they ride in that seat.  If one were to ever read this and want to look into this contacting a handcap mobility dealer in your area that deals with custom seating all the time is an excellent place to start.

You can add glass to both sides and for that your looking at about 1k to 1.5k.  Please remember, as crude as it looks, this owner was worried about transporting a worker literally sitting on a bucket (as many do) in the back of the van.  This is a minimal cost when you look at the liability consequences of an injured worker who was sitting on the bucket or folding chair in back.

If you look in the gallery , under my interior mods folder , there are a couple of bad photo's of the E350 2/3rds bench seat I installed in mine .

Having access to a totaled ford helped , 'cause I used the flush mount floor quick disconnect brackets and all . Took some careful measurements and a afternoon , but the seat come's out with the flip of 2 levers and has secure seat belts too . But I've found that with the wonderful space inside our box's , I can still fit two trials bikes in back with the seat in place . I've only popped it out to haul some very large lumber panels for my neighbor ...

I'm still loving my van ! :)

Glenn 

Now to find some rims to match my bike trailer .........

Edited by axulsuv

If you look in the gallery , under my interior mods folder , there are a couple of bad photo's of the E350 2/3rds bench seat I installed in mine .

Having access to a totaled ford helped , 'cause I used the flush mount floor quick disconnect brackets and all . Took some careful measurements and a afternoon , but the seat come's out with the flip of 2 levers and has secure seat belts too . But I've found that with the wonderful space inside our box's , I can still fit two trials bikes in back with the seat in place . I've only popped it out to haul some very large lumber panels for my neighbor ...

I'm still loving my van ! :)

Glenn 

Now to find some rims to match my bike trailer .........

That's a nice looking install.  I like that you can remove it so quickly.